Faulty Window Regulator funded by Renault UK

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

monkeymanonk
Learner Driver

Faulty Window Regulator funded by Renault UK

Postby monkeymanonk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:07 pm

I have a faulty window reg on my 53 meg,(window will drop on its own).
I made an official complaint to Renault UK as my dealer quoted me 300 quid.
Within 24 hrs a very kind lady had replied with a good will gesture to repair the car and cover all cost.
NICE ONE RENAULT.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:58 pm

my passenger side has stopped working.contacted my local dealer and without any hassle booked for monday to be repaird under warranty.but the whole thing is very bizzarre to come back to the car and find the window completely open. :shock:
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

monkeymanonk
Learner Driver

Postby monkeymanonk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:06 pm

ITS BECAUSE WATER GETS INTO THE DOOR AND CAUSES THIS ELECTRICAL FAULT TO OCCUR.

xcz_megane

Re: Faulty Window Regulator funded by Renault UK

Postby xcz_megane » Fri May 02, 2008 3:33 pm

had mine very kindly replaced by Renault UK aswell. Just wondering what other parts they are likely to replace?

glenn47

Postby glenn47 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Guys, were your window regulators still under the warranty period? Mind dropped during the MOT test last November and it did cost £300. The winder mechanism part was £180 with labour on top. When I had a look at it, the problem was a 20pence piece of galvanised wire that had corroded and broken. The unit is not repairable. Mines a 53 plate btw.

monkeymanonk
Learner Driver

Postby monkeymanonk » Fri May 02, 2008 7:53 pm

mine was out of warranty as it is a 53 plate,Renault know this is a problem and have no choice but to replace it as it is a manufacturing fault .

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Fri May 02, 2008 8:27 pm

I had two go on mine, one in warranty and the other about four months out.

These problems shouldn't really happen but credit to Renault for paying up.

Renault Build A Better Car :-)

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Fri May 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Woody Woo wrote:

Renault Build A Better Car :-)

better than what ? :lol:

xcz_megane

Postby xcz_megane » Tue May 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Yea my car was out of warranty, I always thought Renault were just being great to me until I read this and realised thyre having to replace loads of them, oh well a guy can dream

gaz2112
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 dCi 5 door

Postby gaz2112 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 am

Just after Boxing Day I returned to my parked and locked '04 Megane to find drivers window completely open - and found it wouldn't close.
Called RAC Recovery and the patrolman knew all about this happening... he said it's a common fault with Meganes - caused by water ingress affecting the regulator but it can't be repaired. I got the regulator replaced by ex-Renault mechanic as car is out of warranty..cost over £300.

Contacted Renault UK as I read on this blog that many Megane II owners have experienced this and some were lucky enough to get all or part of cost reimbursed, as a goodwill gesture, it seems.
They have not offered me a contribution nor a goodwill gesture payment because my warranty expired 1yr 7 mths ago and, although purchased last year through a (Citroen) dealer, the car was purchased outside of the Renault Network... BUT, I read somewhere that Renault UK extended the warranty another year to cover this fault. Is this true?

Can I ask those of you who claimed and were successful...was your car's servicing completed solely by Renault dealers? ...and how long out of warranty was your claim made?
I want to get as much info together to substantiate an official complaint to Renault UK .
They seem to have acknowledged this fault , hence the "goodwill gesture" payments made but I'm sure they do not and will not recognise this as a manufacturers fault BUT IN MY MIND IT CLEARLY IS! - water ingress into the door is causing a bare 'galvanised' connector wire to rust. This is not due to age of vehicle, non-Renault servicing, wear and tear or any other bloody excuse , it's poor design!

I'm not expecting them to annouce car re-calls nationwide but hopefully a follow-up 'complaint' from me backed wiith more evidence and ammunition from other Megane owners might ignite something.
Who knows when our other window (s) will drop 'at random'...at £300+ each to close them again! I wonder what our insurers will say!
Give me some ammo and I'll let you know how my fight goes!
Thanks in advance
Gaz

DJC013
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2004 Scenic 1.9 dCi, 2001 SLK 320 Auto

Postby DJC013 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:27 am

Hello Gaz, just had a 3rd window clip break on my 2004 Scenic ! Came back to find the O/S/R window right down in the door, had some possessions taken, rang RCS, they were not the least bit interested ! According to their records my Scenic is not in the date range for the affected vehicles that had modified clips fitted !!

This is now worrying, do not want to park and leave the vehicle anywhere, who knows if it will be there when I get back !! :sad

PS - Never thought I would say this but, I do not think I willbe buying a Renault again ! (Love my Scenic 2 bits)

PPS - Not sure if the New Megane TV advert is funny / insulting to us Renault owners !! :?
2004 Scenic 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique 6 Speed Black 17" Nervasports VF1 JMRG

Visit my Flickr site ! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/28464546@N05/

gaz2112

Postby gaz2112 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:16 pm

monkeymanonk wrote:I have a faulty window reg on my 53 meg,(window will drop on its own).
I made an official complaint to Renault UK as my dealer quoted me 300 quid.
Within 24 hrs a very kind lady had replied with a good will gesture to repair the car and cover all cost.
NICE ONE RENAULT.

Monkeymanonk,
Would appreciate your help - check out my message posted 6 Jan 09.
My Megane seems to have suffered the same as yours but unfortunately Renault UK are not interested in mine!
Can you tell me exactly how old your Megane was when you complained to Renault UK and by chance , did it have a full Renault service history.
They're not interested in my claim because my car is 4yrs 7months old and service history includes a non-Renault stamp!- -bought and serviced last year from a Citroen dealership,
Sounds like they wanna be selective in their decision-making and nit-pick, not very customer friendly and NOT NICE RENAULT,
Cheers
Gaz

jezneyb
Currently Drives:: Megane Grand Scenic 1.9DCI Priviledge

Postby jezneyb » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:09 pm

I have just had my passenger side regulator replaced by Renault UK at no cost to myself. My car is just under 4 years old. Interestingly enough, when I dropped the car off to be fixed I mentioned the problem to a member of staff and she stated that the company who produced the regulators were garaunteeing them for 4 years as there was a known fault. When I collected my car I asked whether the replacement regulator would also be garaunteed for 4 years. I was informed that the "warranty manager" had stated that I should have been charged for this replacement as my vehicle was outside of the 3 year warranty but that they would not charge me on this occasion. It's amazing how you can get two different opinions from the same dealership!!

john10001
Pass Plus

Postby john10001 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:44 pm

My left passenger window goes funny three quarters of the way down like it is meeting resistance or hitting something in the way before it continues the rest of the way.

John

gaz2112

Postby gaz2112 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:22 pm

I have complained to Renault UK as they are not prepared to offer me a 'goodwill payment' to offset the £300+ cost to recently replace the regulator on my June '04 Megane.
I know owners with similar aged vehicles have received these payments and I'm trying to put a case together - but I need some info to help.

Those of you who did receive a 'goodwill payment' can you tell me:
Exactly how old your Megane was when Renault UK sorted your regulator fault?
Has it (or did it have then) a full RENAULT DEALER Service history?

Renault UK have rejected my complaint on the grounds that my car has exceeded the manufacturers warranty (including the additional year added by Renault for this fault, I've learnt) and although it has a full service history, it's most recent (in March 2008) wasn't a "Renault" dealer service.
What this has to do with a regulator fault is beyond me, which is why I'm going to contest their decision.

Your help and advice would be most welcome.

Cheers... and Drive Safe

Gary.

Return to “Problems / Questions”