Injection Fault & STOP 1.5 DCI

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

quaker@eircom.net
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2005 1.5dci automatic

Re: Injection Fault & STOP 1.5 DCI

Postby quaker@eircom.net » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello there Steve,
I assume your engine is running ok. Is it running error code free?
Did you say it will have to go for a MOT soon?
rgds Maurice

Stevie67
Just Passed

Postby Stevie67 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:58 am

Hi Maurice,
Yes, my engine is running error free and starts first push of the button. I did however discover that I had a problem with fuel running back to the tank if the car was left to stand for a couple of days. I suspected that the valves in the primer bulb were to blame, thinking that I would have to replace the primer bulb, I thought that there would be no harm in pulling the primer apart. I turns out that I had some metal filings stuck in the primer bulb valves, it also turns out that the primer bulb can be dismantled then reassembled. So after cleaning it, I reassembled it, bled the air out of the system again and have left it to sit for a further few days before I go back to it.
And yes, it will be going for an MoT a soon as I am happy that All the bubble/air issues are resolved. For the Mot I have replaced my front springs, one was broken and I want to replace both of my inner track rods, apart from that I think she is good to go.
Steve.

Stevie67
Just Passed

Postby Stevie67 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:37 am

For those of you that were following this thread, a wee update.
She passed her MoT today, and I spoke with the tester about the emissions, considering that my injectors are producing bubbles might indicate that they are on there way out. The emissions were excellent, judging by the age of the car the tester wondered if we had replaced the injectors.
And he had no problem with our re-plumbing of the fuel lines, as far as he is concerned, if it don't leak then it's fine.

zlatkostoj
Currently Drives:: renault megane ii 1.5 dci 80bhp 2005

Postby zlatkostoj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Hey Steve, the life saver of our beautiful but complicated meganes! Thanks for this, I was wondering around for quite a while looking for a fix and there you go! Did you have any problems at all with the setup? And, could I use a simple T joint for the setup? Thanks again, and greetings from Macedonia.
Zlatko

Aerotech
Currently Drives:: 200t Renault Kangoo 1.5 dci Multi Authentique

Postby Aerotech » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi Steve, I somehow can't see the pics you posted in this thread for the return line mods. If you don't mind, could you kindly send those pictures to my email (mfecevit@hotmail.com ) please. TheyLL be a saver for my long enduring problem. I appreciate. Thanks and best regards to you all from Turkey.

DanijelCro
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 3 Grandtour Limited 1.5 dCI 110 HP

Postby DanijelCro » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Hello all from Croatia.

I'm new to this forum, just read the whole thread since I'm experiencing the same issue on my Megane 2, 2008. 1,5 dCI 78kW. I know this is an old topic, but for me is a new one :-)

The problem with "injection fault" happens only when the car is on the working temperature and I try to start it up. For example, when the engine is cold, the car starts nicely with no problems (every time), and when I drove it for 30 minutes, switch it of and for 2-3 minutes try to start it again. Then the car starts, runs for 5-10 seconds and then it turns off. And after 5-6 on and off again it starts and everything is normal you can go for miles. Never shoved this error or turned off during driving, only on a warm start.

I changed 3 mechanics with no luck fixing the problem. We changed battery and voltage regulator, and they checked glow plugs, injectors are fine, cylinder pressure is fine.

I bought a newer version (Megane Grandtour 1,5 dCI 110 HP, year 2015.) and I want to sell the old one, but I want to fix it before selling.

I suppose ECU is fine because on a cold start and during driving everything works normally.

I'm going to change the fuel filter just to be sure (I think that currently it's not original part).

Any thoughts what can be? Did someone had similar problems with warm start?

Thanks in advance.

Danijel

gavin2019
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.5dci

Postby gavin2019 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:14 pm

:banghead :banghead :banghead Hello there I'm new to this and have the same problem. Has anyone got to the bottom of it with an answer on how to fix it? My car is still in the garage 2 months later.

DanijelCro
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 3 Grandtour Limited 1.5 dCI 110 HP

Postby DanijelCro » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:47 am

DanijelCro wrote:Hello all from Croatia.

I'm new to this forum, just read the whole thread since I'm experiencing the same issue on my Megane 2, 2008. 1,5 dCI 78kW. I know this is an old topic, but for me is a new one :-)

The problem with "injection fault" happens only when the car is on the working temperature and I try to start it up. For example, when the engine is cold, the car starts nicely with no problems (every time), and when I drove it for 30 minutes, switch it of and for 2-3 minutes try to start it again. Then the car starts, runs for 5-10 seconds and then it turns off. And after 5-6 on and off again it starts and everything is normal you can go for miles. Never shoved this error or turned off during driving, only on a warm start.

I changed 3 mechanics with no luck fixing the problem. We changed battery and voltage regulator, and they checked glow plugs, injectors are fine, cylinder pressure is fine.

I bought a newer version (Megane Grandtour 1,5 dCI 110 HP, year 2015.) and I want to sell the old one, but I want to fix it before selling.

I suppose ECU is fine because on a cold start and during driving everything works normally.

I'm going to change the fuel filter just to be sure (I think that currently it's not original part).

Any thoughts what can be? Did someone had similar problems with warm start?

Thanks in advance.

Danijel

Hi. In the meanwhile I solved the problem. Surfing through different forums I told my mechanic to change camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor. It costs under 100 Euros and it solved the problem.

So I hope it helps!

Cheers!

Dave69
Currently Drives:: Clio dci

Postby Dave69 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 pm

I have a 02 clio 1.5 dci starting experiencing problems at 100000 miles i cleaned all injectors replaced filters and since i have always put 100ml of low ash 2 stroke mineral oil in with every fill up my car has now hit 180000 miles on the original pump and injection system nothing regarding the fuel system has been replaced and shes still going strong passed the omissions on the last 5 mots no problem the fuel at the pumps is what is killing most dci pumps out there.

Yaw

Postby Yaw » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:49 am

Hello Steve, Maurice and everyone

I read positive comments and I think you can help me out. It is quite long
but please read all to understand the problem with my car and help me fix it

My name is Yaw Arthur from Ghana Africa
I bought this Renault Grand Scenic 2011--1.598cc 96kW 131pk Diesel from Netherlands and in just less than 2months, it's broken down and cannot sustain the power and cannot move.

Since the car came in October 2019 I drove it for only 1month and it stopped moving.
Let me share the problem and see if you can help me out. I took the car to the mechanic and it has been there from December till now and they cannot locate the problem. I towed it home and I want to it myself since I have a little technical experience I think if I read and watch videos about the car I can understand it solve the problem myself.

This is the progression of the fault:

1. When it arrived, it was smoking badly(a white-blueish smoke). I thought it was my driving, but No! Anytime I climb up a hill or if I use low gear(1st) for a very long time, then the smoke comes in very large volume.
2. I thought it was the engine oil which we changed but the problem persisted. and had check injection system showing on the instrument panel
3. I then visited a Renault mechanic who used the CLIP software and diagnostic tool and reset all the error codes. Unfortunately I couldn't understand the software so couldn't see any error codes, but all what he did was to reset the system. The smoking then stopped drastically
4. We then went for a test ride But noticed that the engine has lost its firing power which I mean it was not speeding like before: the car jerks especially when you change gear to a higher gear it delays before picking up that new high gear. Such that sometimes if you are on a high speed and just when you start climbing a hill( not too steep) you will notice that the speedometer starts dropping drastically even though your leg is on the accelerator. It is when you start descending that you feel that it starts gaining speed but even that you might be in the 3rd gear but the speed will not increase enough(between 37-52km/h) for you to change to the next high gear. And all cars keep flying past you and any attempt to accelerate more will not make it increase in speed.
5. Its movement started becoming more slower and slower everyday until one morning these alerts indicated on the instrument panel more alerts were added: check anti-pollution system, check stop & start with the spanner light also showing. And the rear seat belt warning was also misleading ( it sometimes says 2rear or 3rear seat belt fastened even though there might be no passenger there and nothing placed on the seat as well)
6. Now when the ignition is started, in less than 5seconds it goes off by itself and in an attempt to move you can't sustain the engine on and cannot even move. Now the mechanic says that CLIP software cannot even have access into the injection system to see exactly where the problem is for them to work on. and they are just trying trial-and error.
But because I am technically inclined I watch videos and try to advise them

Can you please help me out

This is my first car and I refuse to be frustrated by it.

Please help me out with your expertise,
I used a friend's chinese made universal diagnostic tool (MS 309) and it gave an error P242F: Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction Ash Accumulation.

We washed inside the Diesel Particulate Filter with petrol and thereafter blew inside with soapy water under high pressure and fixed it back. The engine can now start but once the leg is taken off the accelerator the engine goes off .

We have changed the Turbo charger, fuel filter, oil filter, Air filter and all these are brand new ones I bought from
Germany AutoDoc.

Now the engine stalls immediately after starting it and car cannot move at all.
Now the mechanic says the problem is the engine management Unit(computer)

Now i am on my own solving the problem by myself. Watched and read Youtube videos and
that is why I am suspecting the mass airflow sensor, the oxygen sensor, engine management Unit(computer),
and the Diesel Particulate Filter

Already I have spent so much money on this but not positive feedback

With your experience what could possibly be the problem??
Please help me out

Regards
Arthur

Return to “Problems / Questions”