Injection fault light on a DCI

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

lathe666

Injection fault light on a DCI

Postby lathe666 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi people.

I have a problem. I have a 04 reg megane dci 80. When i pull away quickly the injection light comes up for a few seconds then it goes away. I only bought it saturday and i dont know i lot about diesels. I think when i boot it, the car lacks in power but i cant be sure. It's just had a service about a thosand miles ago, which apparently was a fuel filter.
I suppect maybe a dodgy injector, but am not sure.
I am trying to get my mate to but it on the computer for me.
I just thought maybe there is a boffin out there that might know

Thanks lathe

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 am

It's difficult to say without hooking it up. That message can be triggered by any number of things.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

MATTYBOY
Currently Drives:: MEGANE 2003 1.5 DCI DYMANIC

Re: Injection fault light on a DCI

Postby MATTYBOY » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi there, I have had the same problem, I have changed the fuel filter and this has rectified it. It is a sinple part to replace your self. Cost me £35 from renault. There are no special tools required. I have a 1.5 DCI 2003 86bhp. Try this. I spoke to renault who advised this was a major problem and would need to be put on there machines, load of rubbish. Just try this and see how you go on. I have had this problem due to running Biodiesel which cloggs the filter with all the crap from the sump. :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”