air con problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kylehimself
Pass Plus

air con problem

Postby kylehimself » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 pm

hi guys

my latest problem is as such.

when i turn my blower dial to 1 or push the AC button, i can hear what sounds like a motor clicking on, then a humming noise until i turn the AC or blower off.

to me it sounds like whatever it is that takes the air in is really struggling. any help would be great.

cheers

kyle :cool:

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Postby BurntCarcus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Ever had you aircon regassed? Can you follow the noise to pinpoint exectly where its coming from? or put your hand on anything to feel for vibrations?
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:02 pm

fraid not mate, the sound only comes when the engine is on and the aircon button is then pushed, when you look under the hood the noise of the engine pretty much drowns it out.

whats regassed?

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 am

kylehimself wrote:whats regassed?

Every couple of years the AirCon needs to be topped-up with high pressure gas. Usually when you notice it's not getting as cool as it should.

jamieator

Postby jamieator » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 pm

i have a very similar problem and as such thought it was the gas that needed redoing however when rac man came out to me after i had ignition coil failure (grrrrrrrr) he instantly identified a bearing was starting to fail in the air con compressor so i suggest before u part with the 50 odd quid for a regas u get an expert t pop his head under the bonnet

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:57 pm

i think you could be onto something jamie. it would make sense a noise coming from a nackered bearing. a doubt if i needed a regas there would be much if any noise coming from it... could be wrong tho. have you had yours sorted if so how much was it done for?

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Postby BurntCarcus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 am

When you get your aircon regassed they also put oil in it to stop such problems with the bearing, my guess is you have ran out of oil and its knackered the bearing, you might get away with getting it filled with oil, if not its new bearing time which from what i hear can be costly to fix, kyle get yourself over to kwikfit on the newtonards road near the fire station and get it regassed, think its about 45 quid. They will give you a print out of how much oil/gas they take out and how much they put back in. More oil in it may stop it, unless its done to much damage. I went to kwikfit and they got 2ml of oil out, thats when the guy explained it all to me, said i was lucky i came in when i did. Ill be going back there every 2 years from now on. Hope you get it sorted with the least cost. :cool:
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

Return to “Problems / Questions”