Tyre pressure sensors drving me nuts.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Tebs

Tyre pressure sensors drving me nuts.

Postby Tebs » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi there. First ime on this site. Great info. I have a 225 on an 05 plate. I do loads of miles and it's currently on just over 57k. Anyway. Everytime I have a new set of tyres (just fitted my fourth set) the damn sensor lights illuminate like a Christmas tree on the dashboard saying either check tyre pressures or STOP!! I have a puncture. I'm fed up of Renault ripping me off for a reset everytime I change my tyres. Have any of you guys had similar issues? If so how do you disconnect the tyre pressure sensors? Thanks in advance. Tebs
:-)
Tebs

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:37 pm

i'm gonna guess that your tyre place has moved the sensor to a new position.

They need to stay in their assigned points on the car.

So your current nearside front MUST stay as the nearside front with the new tyre... otherwise the car gets confused and will need a reset or the tyres re-rotated.

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 am

My local tyre fitters have no problems whatsoever with the tyre sensors. They take a much more softly, softly approach to removing the tyr to ensure that they don't damage the sensors. However, they do have a disclaimer on prominent display that they will take no responsibility for any damage - i.e., at owner's risk. Oh, and you have to tell them beforehand. :wink:

jamieator

Postby jamieator » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:54 am

my pressure sensors were giving me hell. and all started breaking and the new ones were rejecting their settings so in then end went to renault and got them to turn the system off which they did for no charge as id been pissed about so much by the monitors (on a 5 year old car). am now much happier and to be honest if uve done nearly 60K the sensors are probably on their last legs everyone ive spoken to say they are very very fragile. as long as ur not negliegent in checking ur pressures monthly then just turn the ststem off and be like 95% of all the other cars on the road.

Return to “Problems / Questions”