Newbie here with a few 1.4 questions

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

N19 ALE

Newbie here with a few 1.4 questions

Postby N19 ALE » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 am

Hello all i have just bought a 1.4 dynamique in met black and must admit i quite like the car. I had a mazda3 sport but had to sell it to buy 2 cars a corsa for the missus and the megane for me. My question is that when i back off the gas i get a very slight rattle / wobble noise from the engine but this only happens between 3000 and 3600 revs when driving but if the car is idling and i rev it the noise is gone the timing belt and water pump has been done. Is this just that it is a different car with different noises has anybody else with a 1.4 got a similar noise. Thanks in advance for any replys. Alan

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 am

hi there mate, mine doesn't rattle but i know people on here find when they are givin' it stacks in there wee 1.4's when you lift your right foot you can hear a whinin' from the car and as soon as you put your foot down it goes.

thats the only thing similar thing i can think of.

kyle :cool:

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:00 pm

I have a tappet rattle that you can hear when decelerating between 3,100 and 3,000rpm. You can also hear it when you change gear. I mentioned this at the first service and I was fobbed off with "It was the exhaust heat shield but we've bent it back". I mentioned it a couple of months later and took a Renault Technician out for a spin. He acknowledged that there was a noise but they weren't prepared to do anything about it until it affected the performance/mpg of the engine. I mentioned it again on the second annual service and I was fobbed off with "It's a noise from the manifold". Someone asked me if it was a diesel when they heard it idling as the rattle is that bad. I only have until December before the warranty runs out but I expect they'll be dead keen to look into it once the warranty has expired.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

N19 ALE

Postby N19 ALE » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Thanks for the replys i suppose it could be more of a whine noise the noise hasnt got any worse but as some one mentioned it is only when taking your foot off the gas between 3000 / 3400 that you get the noise. You can here the teppets a little bit on start up but that is only with the window open and a cold morning but the car has covered nearly 70k so that is probably understandable. Thanks for the help

N19 ALE

Postby N19 ALE » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:26 pm

bump

Return to “Problems / Questions”