windows and remote locking

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

windows and remote locking

Postby Phil and Liz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:50 am

Last saturday whilst locking the car with the remote the n/s/r window dropped and we had to re-open and after many attempts using both the drivers master control and the n/s/r switch we managed to raise the window and lock the car. Same thing happened an hour later but took longer this time to rectify.

All other windows worked ok and so did n/s/r after we got it back up, last night my wife, who drives the car during the week ( I prefer 2 wheels for commuting) told me that the n/s/f was not working and I then checked and found both the N/s windows would not work from either the master or individual door switches. Tried re-setting as previous posts and also inspected the fuses no luck. As the warranty runs out in 10 days time any suggestions, by the way renault uk customer service are not very good, still waiting a response to my steering/dealer complaint after approx 3 weeks.
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:02 am

sounds like a window regulator fault, runa search on the site you will find a few references, if its in warrenty throw it renault.
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Defiantly sounds like the regulators. I'd suggest telling the dealer what's happened, that you know it's the regulator and you'll bring it in the next day. Mine did it last week, and quickly got to a point where it wouldn't go back up - meaning my car was insecure and I had to drive without a window in the cold 8-) (cool as in freezing cold!). Thankfully they could do it a day earlier than expected and on priority since the previous week they messed up doing my service (as in calling to say they hadn't).
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:10 pm

ok can accept that one reg could fail but two at the same time on the same side, coincidence ?

yeah it's still in warranty for 10 days but my dealer is the one that say's it's ok for a 36000 mile car to have play in the steering (within tolerance so they say)

thing is wty runs out in 10 days, what's next ?
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:20 am

get an extended warranty?

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Ok

went to Park's of Motherwell this morning explained the problem and straight away it was 'grab a coffee, we'll have a look'

Now remember 1) I didn't buy the car from them
2) I didn't book the car in

Had a walk into town and got a phone call as I walked back, problem looked at and parts ordered. 2 regulators and wiring harness plus shower screen modification to be carried out.

Problem caused by water getting into loom (sound familiar ?), had we been able to take the car to them when the original fault occurred then they could have saved the window reg's. They would have done the shower screen mod and solved the ingress.

Cost of this repair ( under warranty must be in the region of £600+, surely if a modification is possible this would be cheaper as a recall, Renault take note this is happening often and costing you money !)

Car goes back in 2 weeks today, suits the and me.

P.S. comment from AA engineer I was talking to today was if your's drops its window switch everything off, leave it 3 minutes then disconnect battery, leave a couple of minutes then re-connect and double click remote to lock it. Should prevent shorting out and raise window.
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Return to “Problems / Questions”