'Check Injection' How this site helps!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Simon84

'Check Injection' How this site helps!

Postby Simon84 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:00 am

Hi guys,

This isnt strictly meant to go in here i don't think, but i started my megane 03 1.9 dci 38k last night to go home from work having had to come to terms with the fact that two nails in both front and rear tyres have forced me to part with £340 for 4 new tyres, and 'Check Injection' flashes up on my dash(visions of great expense to fix the problem)! Great! So i get home very annoyed wondering why i bought a bloody Renault when i decided to start looking through all the posts on here to see if there was any advice (this is the first time i've needed such advice thus far) and i came across loads of helpful and informative posts from the site members.

I am now confident that it is only a glow plug thats decided to be a pain in the arse but i wouldn't have known had it not been for you guys on this site so i'm really saying thank you to the moderators and all the members for the support available!! I am now happy again that my Megane needs only minor TLC so i like her again!

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Postby BurntCarcus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:59 am

It is a very good site indeed! Very useful and can save you many £££. Im glad you got it sorted, dont think my injectors post would have helped you lol maybe i will be tracing your search steps myself someday. BIG THUMBS UP TO THE OWNER AND MODS :cool: :headb
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks very much for taking the time to praise the site, it is a valuable source of info and loads of folks put a lot of effort in. It's also a very friendly site compared to some that I have been frequenting recently.

Things sometimes need putting in to perspective. Renault do have their fair share of problems, but only that, they are no better or worse than the other choices unless you pay the premium for a topnotch motor. I won't even try to give an example of one of those as they all produce Mon am or Fri pm cars.

My own experience? As of last week, because my daughter changed her car for a people carrier type jobby, (previous car Audi TT);

I have a Renault Megane Sports tourer dci 106 55plt

Wife has a " Clio dci 80 52 plt

Daughter has " Megane hatch 80 dci 04 plt

And other
daughter has " Scenic 2.0vvt 55plt

This has only happened because overall the reliability of our cars has been excellant, if it hadn't we would not have bought these. To add this folows on from the ownership of a 92plt 1.4mk1 clio, a 98 plate clio, and 2 x 03 plate 172 clios

Return to “Problems / Questions”