no child locks on megane

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

djday22

no child locks on megane

Postby djday22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:21 pm

HI
Wondered if anyone could help, i have a 52 reg megane and i am looking for the child locks. There is nothing on the dashboard or near the electric window button and there is nothing on the doors to manual activate it. Went to the renault garage and he couldnt find one either said he would have to give me a ring, didnt sound to convicing to me. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

thanks

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:46 pm

If your megane has electric rear windows then the child lock switch is the rocker switch at the rear of the switch panel on the drivers door, might be the same place if it only has electric front windows but mine has all four so only passing on what I know, just dont forget to switch it off if you have adults in the back or they'll pull the handle off trying to open it !

By the way has anyone noticed how noisy these cars are if the rear windows are open when driving, the noise is horrendous
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Phil and Liz wrote:By the way has anyone noticed how noisy these cars are if the rear windows are open when driving, the noise is horrendous

Same with all cars. open your front windows an inch to counter-act the wind noise. Basically by opening it an inch, you allow the air in the cabin to flow more freely thru the interior of the car

djday22

still no child locks

Postby djday22 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Have been to renault and the car definitely doesnt have child locks, the guy said that they made a batch of cars and this was a problem. He is having trouble getting the part becuase it has been so long, since it was sorted on the other cars.
Renault have said that becuase its been five years that i will be charged for the part and fitting ( i have had the car a few months and bought it from a garage, but not a renault garage). Didnt think this was on because they should of come as standard when the car was new. Anyone else had a problem like this?

thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”