Alarm sensors affected by cold weather?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

moreton7

Alarm sensors affected by cold weather?

Postby moreton7 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:59 am

Are the alarm sensors sensitive to cold weather?

Just purchased a renault to go megane dyn. Alarm went off in middle of night when it was -2degrees and kept going off after being reset. Display says all doors and boot are locked....can the bonnet sensor be affected by cold weather?

In at the dealer now, but I have been told there is a plastic sensor box just above left hand headlight and leaning on this bonnet area sometimes will stop alarm going off if there is a faulty sensor. Anyone else had simialr problems with car alarm problems in cold weather?

GreyMeg
Learner Driver

Postby GreyMeg » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:30 am

Hi moreton7, had this on my 03 2.0vvt the night i picked it up from the dealers....it turned out to be the ultrasonic sensors set too high, they were adjusted by the dealer and i had no more problems, could be worth a look, just make sure they don't turn them down to far and that they still detect movement!

hope that's of some help?
:-)
2004 1.9dci - 18'' Spyder Blacks - Black Lexus Lights - MP3 - Panoramic Roof - Climate - Heated Seats

Return to “Problems / Questions”