Supermarket Fuel (Diesel)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:52 pm

the only time to put petrol in it is when you`ve had enough of it. also don`t forget to include the matches :D :D

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:43 pm

On the topic of fuels, the bus company nearby runs on Bio-diesel (though I'm not sure what blend) and due to the cold weather recently, the bio-diesel has turned all waxy and clogged up their fuel pipes.

they're now running usual low-sulphur until it's warmer or someone manages to make a diesel that goes to -15

bucky
Learner Driver

Postby bucky » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Just thought I would add my bit onto this thread. After reading this I ran my tank down and filled up with Shell, although I am only half way down the tank I am seeing a better MPG however the car is feeling very sluggish, I used Sainsbury's city diesel since the car was new until I tried Shell last week.
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:32 pm

nickbell69 wrote:Well i've used 2 full tanks of Shell diesel now and have to say on both tanks i've had about 3mpg less than before when i filled up with supermarket fuel. Appeared to be no difference in performance either. So back to Tescos to see if i can get it back up :?
Also wondering how accurate the computers are, before i filled with shell i was running it as low as i could, computer gave me 53 miles left in tank before it went blank. Did 45 and pulled in to fill up to be told no diesel until tanker arrived :shock: Big panic now as i knew nearest station was more than 8miles away :cry: Ended up doing in total 67 miles before i found next petrol station. Obviously i was glad that computer was not that accurate and in the right direction too :-)

Filled up at Sainsburys couple of days ago done just over 400 miles and MPG is up at 44.2 compared to 41with Shell in it. I think its a cars preference to which it likes.

dci120matt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2001 Peugeot 306 GTI-6 ohh yesss
1988 renault 5 1.7 GTX

Postby dci120matt » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:21 pm

i always put in bp ultimate diesel in my megane, just put my second tankfull of shell v-power in and i think it is a much better fuel, it also costs less, 107.9 for a litre of shell compared to 118.9 for bp ultimate, its a shame the nearest shell garage that does v-power is a 56 mile round trip, bit of a trek but worth it in my opinion for the gains.

Return to “Problems / Questions”