headlamp alignment

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sggc

headlamp alignment

Postby sggc » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:13 am

I have a 2007 tourer dynamique and have a bizarre problem with both the headlights. The dipped beams are perfectly aligned, but the main beam is wildy high to the extent that the bottom of the main beam is higher than the extent of the dipped beam, so I get a very distracting unlit patch in mid air when the main beam is on. (yes they have been checked on a a garage beam setter, and the car has never been damaged.) Any ideas I, and the renault main dealer are baffled?
sggc

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Re: headlamp alignment

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:30 am

sggc wrote:I have a 2007 tourer dynamique and have a bizarre problem with both the headlights. The dipped beams are perfectly aligned, but the main beam is wildy high to the extent that the bottom of the main beam is higher than the extent of the dipped beam, so I get a very distracting unlit patch in mid air when the main beam is on. (yes they have been checked on a a garage beam setter, and the car has never been damaged.) Any ideas I, and the renault main dealer are baffled?

Well it must be as you say, the main beam is wildly high if the dipped is ok, as that rules out the loading of the estate and the driver adjustable beam setting. Inspite of having had the beam checked I'd get it lowered, as you say its wildly high.

Unlikely, but are the bulbs installed correctly, it shouldn't be possible to get them upside down but........

I have a 2006 estate and find the lights the best of any car I've had recently, and certainly no gap. Of course I thing they chaged the lighting type with the facelift??? may be wrong.
Sorry, can't offer much more. :roll:

Quote; the renault main dealer are baffled?

No comment :D

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:18 pm

It is possible to refit the bulb holder so its actually pointing high or low. Perhaps this is what has happened.

sggc

Postby sggc » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:29 pm

no point in lowering the beams as the main and dip are adjusted together. no facility to adjust independantly. lowering would just give a dangerously inefficient dip and the shadow would still there. (I know i tried this too)
new headlamps i guess but at least its under warranty.
sggc

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:34 pm

sggc wrote:no point in lowering the beams as the main and dip are adjusted together. no facility to adjust independantly. lowering would just give a dangerously inefficient dip and the shadow would still there. (I know i tried this too)
new headlamps i guess but at least its under warranty.

I wondered about this but if you say so then its probably so.

Bulbs or bulb holders must be in upside down then?
Rembering that this car is less than a year old I can't help picturing Pierre, last thing Friday PM. "Viva Napoleon" as he screws the headlights. 8)

I should get a life or buy a Ford??? No right first time :-( :-( :-(

sggc

Postby sggc » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:27 pm

No i don't think it's Pierre's fault although he may well have had a Ricard or two friday afternoon. Bulbs are in correctly!
resorting to RUK - it's thier problem
Au revoir
sggc

Return to “Problems / Questions”