PASSENGER DOOR WINDOW NOT WORKING

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

CJT

PASSENGER DOOR WINDOW NOT WORKING

Postby CJT » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi all
Thought it was about time I tried to get my passenger front window working after it packed up some time ago. I've reset it but no joy so I think it may be the regulator. A couple of questions before I buy one though.
1. Should I have power to the switch when the ignition is on or does it come from the regulator.(fuses ok)
2. Can I get away with just lifting the fabric covered panel or do I need to take the whole panel out plus the glass.

Spoke to my dealer and he said I wasn't covered because the car is out of warranty, even though I heard reports that it would be covered if the car was under 5 years old.

Thanks a lot guys.

shamus

rear electric window

Postby shamus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:47 pm

rear driver window went down whilst car was unattended after being double locked
54 2004 1.6 auto scenic 16800miles
dealer replaced free is this a known fault????
should fail safe setting not be to remain up

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:12 pm

yes. it's the window regulator.

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:38 pm

These are going a hell of alot lately.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeah seems to be coming a popular problem, my drivers front one went, must get round to doing it i'm getting more and more annoyed when i go through the tunnel and have to open door to pay :? Think getting the door card off is the hardest part to replacing it :(

elgammal
Learner Driver

Postby elgammal » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:32 am

believe it or not, i changed 3 regulators in my meg.
1 driver's window regulator and 2 window regulators in the rear left door. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think that warranty is 2 years or 40,000km only. however, i changed 1 of the regulators on 42,250km.

Note: if u feel that the window is not working properly (regulator), go to a dealer and do not miss with it. they might be able to adjust it before the wire gives more pressure to the plastic ring causing damage to the regulator.
Black MeGaNe II hatchback 04 _1.6 vvt manual_17" NicKeL ChrOme 225/45

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Postby BurntCarcus » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:58 am

My driver one has went, and now the back ones starting to do dodgy things. Very poor design tbh. Maybe someone should make a stickie with the common problems and solutions and tips on how to reset them etc. :cool:
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

CJT

NOT THE REGULATOR

Postby CJT » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Fitted new regulator today and guess what, its not the regulator. Fitted the new one but still the same, nothing would happen on either switch, the next problem was the window was now half way down. I checked the fuses again, all ok, checked there was power to the fuses and there was.
But what I did notice was that after I had pulled the fuse and replaced it again if I deadlocked the car the window would go up a couple of inches, so I kept having to pull the fuse and replacing it until I got the window fully up.
I did of course try the usual reset routine before and after changing the regulator but no joy.
Any ideas anyone, I'm stumped. Thanks

gaz2112
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 dCi 5 door

Re: PASSENGER DOOR WINDOW NOT WORKING

Postby gaz2112 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 pm

I have complained to Renault UK as they are not prepared to offer me a 'goodwill payment' to offset the £300+ cost to recently replace the regulator on my June '04 Megane.
I know owners with similar aged vehicles have received these payments and I'm trying to put a case together - but I need some info to help.

Those of you who did receive a 'goodwill payment' can you tell me:
Exactly how old your Megane was when Renault UK sorted your regulator fault?
Has it (or did it have then) a full RENAULT DEALER Service history?

Renault UK have rejected my complaint on the grounds that my car has exceeded the manufacturers warranty (including the additional year added by Renault for this fault, I've learnt) and although it has a full service history, it's most recent (in March 2008) wasn't a "Renault" dealer service.
What this has to do with a regulator fault is beyond me, which is why I'm going to contest their decision.

Your help and advice would be most welcome.

Cheers... and Drive Safe

Gary.

flyboy
Currently Drives:: 2004 megane 1.9dci

Postby flyboy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:37 pm

this has happened twice on my 2004 1.9dci removed motor from door and spray circuit with wd40 this sorts it out and saves you renaults 200 quid for new motor simple fix

Gers89
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2006 1.6vvt dynamic roof

Postby Gers89 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi sorry to jump in on this old post but my passenger and rear passenger windows don't work and was wondering how I go about fixing them as I have been looking around on the web and a lot of people are saying different things I can't hear the motors for them and nothing happens also what fuse is it as I am not able to locate it

edinscott34
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Postby edinscott34 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Gers89 wrote:Hi sorry to jump in on this old post but my passenger and rear passenger windows don't work and was wondering how I go about fixing them as I have been looking around on the web and a lot of people are saying different things I can't hear the motors for them and nothing happens also what fuse is it as I am not able to locate it

I've just had a similar problem with both my front windows and the rear passenger window, I had it in the Renault garage at the weekend and was advised it is most likely the temic modules are broken which is a common problem with these Meganes due to water getting into the modules, the Renault garage quoted me £200 per module plus £150 for labour so a grand total of £750 to fix the three windows......however I have managed to source the parts from a scrappy for £100, these parts are complete so they come with the motors, regulators and modules, so if you have the same problem I wouldn't recommend getting the parts from Renault.

Also I would recommend you get the complete parts and not just the module, which renualt don't sell individually anyway, as your mechanic is unlikely to 100% know whether its the module or motor causing the problem until he attempts to fix it (usually if you can't here the motor then its a problem with the module, however not always)

Gers89
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2006 1.6vvt dynamic roof

Postby Gers89 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi all a little up date I took the door card off and found out the rear passenger window is missing a component

DJC
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 vvt cc
Mercedes C180

Postby DJC » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 am

Return to “Problems / Questions”