Electric front passenger side window won't work

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

8ightball

Electric front passenger side window won't work

Postby 8ightball » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:39 pm

The front passenger side window on my 2003 Magane Dynamique has suddenly stopped working. Nothing happens when you touch either of the buttons on the driver or passenger side. I don't know if ti is just a fuse that has gone or is it more serious? Has any one had a similar problem?

chusea

Re: Electric front passenger side window won't work

Postby chusea » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:08 pm

8ightball wrote:The front passenger side window on my 2003 Magane Dynamique has suddenly stopped working. Nothing happens when you touch either of the buttons on the driver or passenger side. I don't know if ti is just a fuse that has gone or is it more serious? Has any one had a similar problem?

Did you solve your problem. I saw that you posted your message along tome ago. If you still have your problem please don't hesitate to contact me mybe I will find a solution for you.
MEGANE SEDANE

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Errrm... Anyway. Possibly the Window regulator has gone, which seems to be common with the rain we're having at the moment. If only that Window isn't functioning its definatly not a fuse. You can try resetting the Window, if that doesn't work you will need to change the Regulator which can be found on ebay or done by your local dealer for a silly amount.

weebobt23282

Window Problem

Postby weebobt23282 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:19 pm

ok went shopping the day and when a came back to ma car many hours latter a found that the front passenger window was open, a could not get the dam thing to close with the switches, then up it went by itself still the switches did no work. on the way home a tired the window again and it worked fine BUT after dropping ma mum off an going home a locked the car (with deadlocks) and the window went down again. after about 10mins of tring the switches up it went, as ma car is parked on the street a have removed all the window fuses just to be safe don't want the window going down through the night as anyone could tan stuff

Will be going to Arnold clark first thing 2 morrow

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:22 am

In that case I'm 99.9% sure its the window regulator.

Gordon
Learner Driver

Window staying open!

Postby Gordon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 am

Tell me about it!

In the recent rain, I had the same problem, but what happened was that when I left the car, pressig the fob twice to lock it, the car locked, but the window went down on it's own and nothing would make it move.

A little later, I touched the switch and it closed but then it ioened again on it's own and nothing would make it close up.

Had to take it into main dealer and they replaced door switch plus the window regulator for £265!! All now ok. This was the rear window. A few months ago a similar thing happened to drivers window, but that time it was switch only.

My Megane, which is now 5 yrs old this Summer is costing me an arm and a leg! Do others think the parts are expensive (£185 for a regulator) or is it just me?

Gordon

Mick
Passed Theory

Window Regulator

Postby Mick » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:03 pm

My Megane window regulator was repaired free even though the car was out of warranty. I understand most good renault dealers will do this for cars up to 5 years old . :cool:
2004 1.6 VVT 115BHP

grazie

Postby grazie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi all.

Used the info on this forum to find out why the window on my wife's Megane decided to stop working. Faulty regulator :roll:

My local dealer wanted £330 to repair but I told them that this was a known fault and Renault UK were replacing free of charge. They called and confirmed that Renault will replace this part on cars less than 4 years old and with less than 50,000 miles on the clock.

So a bit of a result although I am annoyed to think that some people will pay this money without knowing :evil:

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 pm

Had my passenger front window regulator replaced under warranty today after it too was acting strange. Thankfully nothing was stolen when I haven't noticed the window descend.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

joolz

Regulator replaced under warranty

Postby joolz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:02 pm

I had exactly the same problem. I was advised by the dealer that Renault had extended the warranty on regulators by 1 year. Couldn't fault the excellent service from the dealership(Cardiff)-they even washed and vacuumed the car at no charge!!. However, like the coils, the dealer could not guarantee that I wouldn't be knocking on his door again in the future!
Incidentally, on taking the car to be repaired (I'd sealed the window with plastic sheet and some parcel tape!) the window suddenly burst back into life on its own as I was driving, and closed fully. When I mentioned this to the dealer, I got a frowned expression, and he said it didn't sound like it was a regulator problem. He quoted a cost of £82 just to diagnose the problem, so you can imagine my relief when it turned out to be the regulator, and the job was done (took 4 hrs) and there was no charge!

gaz2112
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 dCi 5 door

Postby gaz2112 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:42 pm

I have complained to Renault UK as they are not prepared to offer me a 'goodwill payment' to offset the £300+ cost to recently replace the regulator on my June '04 Megane.
I know owners with similar aged vehicles have received these payments and I'm trying to put a case together - but I need some info to help.

Those of you who did receive a 'goodwill payment' can you tell me:
Exactly how old your Megane was when Renault UK sorted your regulator fault?
Has it (or did it have then) a full RENAULT DEALER Service history?

Renault UK have rejected my complaint on the grounds that my car has exceeded the manufacturers warranty (including the additional year added by Renault for this fault, I've learnt) and although it has a full service history, it's most recent (in March 2008) wasn't a "Renault" dealer service.
What this has to do with a regulator fault is beyond me, which is why I'm going to contest their decision.

Your help and advice would be most welcome.

Cheers... and Drive Safe

Gary.

gaz2112
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5 dCi 5 door

Postby gaz2112 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Freddies twin,

I know life's too short,but what I'm wanting to do is prove a point here -and hopefully get some of my 'well-earned' back!

Renault UK should recognise the regulator problem that is inherent in all 2003-2005 Renault as a manufacturing fault and SHOULD rightfully recall vehicles for modification.
Obviously, NO WAY they will do this - imagine the cost, blah, blah, blah... hence the goodwill payments being offered to fellow sufferers, extended warranty issued on the regulator, etc.

How do I know when the next window will drop - the wife is s**t scared of driving, parking the car anywhere now.

Irritating thing is, we LOVE the car...which is why I'm complaining!

Cheers
Gaz

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:05 am

fred...

can you really blame him tho? known fault, unsympathetic customer services, people posting that they have had this done under warranty on similar age vehicals, £300...

gaz....

good luck with taking it as far as you can, i get the impression that it wont come to much, but you never know :?
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

scotthatton
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane Sport Tourer Privilège 1.9 dCi 120, Registered March 2005, bought April 2009.

Postby scotthatton » Mon May 25, 2009 10:29 am

Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2005 Renault Mégane Sport Tourer Privilège 1.9 dCi 120 from a trader (not Renault).

Everything was working when I test drove it, but two days later the Electric front passenger side window won't work. Sounds like a familiar story now I read this board.

Basically it's stuck in the fully up position. I can just hear a faint click. Tried all the resets and disconnecting the battery etc.
Does this sounds like the regulator?

To add to the complication I've now got the car over in France. I guess the trader should fix this within 3 months for me but I won't be able to get back over for a while. Wondering whether to fix myself... Anyone done this? Is it easy?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Manxleigh
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.9 dci dynamique sport

Postby Manxleigh » Wed May 27, 2009 7:05 pm

Both my window regulators went and I got fed up. Phoned Renault UK and the have agreed to pay £400 of the £653 repair bill. My car is an 04 plate and has done 58,000 miles.

Good on Renault I say and if you persist and are polite with them they might just be as generous.

Return to “Problems / Questions”