Warranty and Toxic Fume filter

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rayner

Warranty and Toxic Fume filter

Postby rayner » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:22 pm

I bought a 1.4 Megane last week, plate 54 reg (december 2004).

Its done 15,000 miles with one Renault dealer service.

The previous owner said they had extended the warrinty from 3 to 5 years, when I spoke to my local dealer they said they have no knowledge of that on their system is there any other way of checking. the owner didnt have any futher paperwork relating to the extension of warranty?

The "Toxic fume filter system warning light" has come on and there is loss of power. I read that this could be down to the coils and there is a four year warranty for these. So if this is the case and my own warranty has run out will the four year warranty on coils cover me?

Thank you in anticipation

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:57 pm

I guess you need to find out who the previous owner took the extended warranty out with. You could register the car on the myRenault section of https://www.renault.co.uk and see if anything comes up.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

markgodden2008

Postby markgodden2008 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:28 pm

rayner, within 3 days of owning my megane the fume filter light came up, with severe loss of power! it means that there is a coil failure, mine was 2 out of 4. i was not sold a warranty with the car, but forced the garage of purchase to pay for the new ones, only £35 each, also £40 for a diagnostic code read.

my dad had the same problem with his 53 reg scenic, 1.6, same as my megane, and it was the coils, the renault dealer replaced them under warranty!!! worth a try getting it done on a warranty!
02, 52 reg Megane 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique in Citrus Green with 16 inch Nervastella alloys!

Return to “Problems / Questions”