Intermittent Wipers are Rubbish

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

andrewdfrost

Intermittent Wipers are Rubbish

Postby andrewdfrost » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi, this may have already been asked before but I haven't been able to find a solution:

I have a 2006 1.5 dci megane, and the intermittent front wipers are completley rubbish. There has to be excessive water on the windscreen before they are activated. Turning the sensitivity switch makes no difference apart from making them wipe once.

I took it back to the renault dealer I bought it from and they said that there was nothing they could do, as it was an inherent problem with the model.

When I bought it (last June) the salesman said that the rain sensor could be turned of and the wipers operated normally. I now believe that this is not the case (please correct me if I am wrong).

I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and if they have managed to overcome it.

Thanks in advance.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:35 pm

...and who is your dealer?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

europa
Just Passed

Postby europa » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:48 pm

Your experience is different to mine. I suspect there is a problem with your car (sensor failure?)
'05 2l Manual Pearl Black Megane LXR Dynamique 5-Door

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Sounds like a sensor problem, also check that the wiper blade is clearing the sensor properly when it wipes
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Ummm theres only one setting for auto wipers which is the second notch. You can adjust how sensetive it is. Moving it beyond this second notch gives you the manual wipers with set speeds.

Return to “Problems / Questions”