HELP!! 05 Megane 2.0 manual response and acceleration

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

HELP!! 05 Megane 2.0 manual response and acceleration

Postby speedy_glz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi guys
I have serious doubts about the engine and tranny performance.

I've read the similar topic (about the 1.6 Megane) and I have the same problem/question.

The few times I took the road with my Megy, I didn't liked the tranny performance. I found the 2nd and 5th gear so poor, I mean, the gear ratio its too short.

I was reading about the car performance and that it should take the 100 km/hr in about 13-15 secs, but mine, Crying or Very sad , it takes like 30 secs.

And another issue with this, and if anyone can clear my doubt, its about the engine performance at high speed. I was testing my Meg and see what was the max speed it can reach, it only could get 140 km/hr, the engine was about 3500-3700 rpm and it sounded like it was doing a REALLY great effort.

Is it normal?? I ask because I have seen the my friends cars (VW, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda) and they can reach 140 and the engine goes about 3000 rpm and sounds like it was at 2000 rpm and the engine has not to do an extra effort to reach higher speed

Please help, cause Im getting disappointed of my Meg
:cry:
2005 Megane II Dynamique, hatch Capsicum Red, 2.0 Lts engine, solar sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, 6 gear trans

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:31 pm

When mine struggled that much I had lost a coil but it was really noticeable that something wasn't right when the car was at rest.

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

Postby speedy_glz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:46 pm

When my car is at rest, it ok, even at low speed,

the problem here is, like I said, poor 2nd and 5th gear, and when you shift to 5th or 6th gear, the engine rpms does not drops like they should or like any normal car should. But at low speed (or lower gears) the engine rpms drops normally (if i shift @ 3000 rpm, the engine rpms drops to like 2000)

I dunno if this could be a mapping problem?
2005 Megane II Dynamique, hatch Capsicum Red, 2.0 Lts engine, solar sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, 6 gear trans

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

Postby speedy_glz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:49 pm

any help??? :shock:

Return to “Problems / Questions”