Check Injectors light @ 130mph

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Check Injectors light @ 130mph

Postby BurntCarcus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi guys, had the check injectors light come up on my dash when i got to 130mph (private road of course). Car had very little power, so pulled over and switched it back on again. Light is now off and power is back to normal. Anything that i should check or was i maybe not getting enough derv or air?
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Perhaps the car was trying to tell you to slow down :D
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

hogwam

Postby hogwam » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:31 pm

I had the same loss of power thing last night after pulling off the motorway having done a long run. Turbo started whining and next thing I know there's the tell-tale smoke pouring out the back.
Pulled over, tried to stop the engine on the button as the revs went through the roof but wouldn't so had to stall the engine to turn it off.
RAC man said it was a good job I had stalled it or the engine would have gone pop - conrods flying all over the show.

Apparently all due to a known fault with the EGR valve sticking closed so you might want to get that checked out before you blow the turbo like I did!!

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:33 pm

if you press the stop button 5 times quickly, it'll stop...

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:31 pm

In hogwam's case, pressing the stop button 5 times quickly will not stop the engine either, the engine is revving out of control due to it consuming its own sump oil due to the broken turbo oil seals - not diesel.
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:44 pm

pw981 and Ray,

Is there any evidence that this may work? I understand pw981's concern, but these engines are equipped with butterfly throttle valves that reduce stopping time. Under runaway conditions this valve is potentially capable of stopping the engine. A big question, however, is whether the ECU will command it to do so or not...

We already know, that if the button is pressed once, the engine would not stop. Why? The ECU does not do it for some reason. Possibly, it is a safety feature that prevents a driver from stopping the engine while driving. However if the button is pressed 5 times the engine will stop even when driving in gear! So, I can accept that Ray's solution may work.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Ridiculously large avatar alert? :roll:

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 pm

yea. i mentioned it in another post.

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:46 am

If i press my start button twice quickly while driving it cuts the power, then the engine cuts when i stop. Tried this myself as i was curious what would happen if, say, your a taxi driver and you get some drunk ejit that presses it. But back on topic, the car is running fine now for a few days so im going to asume its one of the following
1) Not enough air
2) Not enough Fuel
3) Exuast not able to cope.

Basicaly im gonna have to do other things to it to get an improvement at that speed. More than likely ill just back off way before then in the future :D
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:37 pm

AlexB wrote:pw981 and Ray,

Is there any evidence that this may work? I understand pw981's concern, but these engines are equipped with butterfly throttle valves that reduce stopping time. Under runaway conditions this valve is potentially capable of stopping the engine. A big question, however, is whether the ECU will command it to do so or not...

We already know, that if the button is pressed once, the engine would not stop. Why? The ECU does not do it for some reason. Possibly, it is a safety feature that prevents a driver from stopping the engine while driving. However if the button is pressed 5 times the engine will stop even when driving in gear! So, I can accept that Ray's solution may work.

Good point you make there alexB, I can see now how Ray's solution may work, hopefully the 3 of us, or any other person will not have to try it!! :-)
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:53 pm

BurntCarcus:

Have you considered that it may have something to do with your re-map? :?

The 2 times that I have actually hit that speed (in my previous Laguna) 1.9dCi 120, I never had any problems.

The new one is just about ready to fly at 100mph, never ventured past that yet.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Re: Check Injectors light @ 130mph

Postby kylehimself » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:11 pm

BurntCarcus wrote:Hi guys, had the check injectors light come up on my dash when i got to 130mph (private road of course).

bein' in northern ireland myself and only 20 odd mins from you. id like to know the where abouts of such roads on which i can speed :devil...... that is unless said road doesn't exist Mr. BurntCarcus :lol:

kyle :cool:

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 am

kylehimself wrote:
BurntCarcus wrote:Hi guys, had the check injectors light come up on my dash when i got to 130mph (private road of course).

bein' in northern ireland myself and only 20 odd mins from you. id like to know the where abouts of such roads on which i can speed :devil...... that is unless said road doesn't exist Mr. BurntCarcus :lol:

kyle :cool:

Its classified, and if i tell you i'd have to kill you afterwards lol :wink: Its called coveryourback Road :wink:

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 am

IainMW wrote:BurntCarcus:

Have you considered that it may have something to do with your re-map? :?

The 2 times that I have actually hit that speed (in my previous Laguna) 1.9dCi 120, I never had any problems.

The new one is just about ready to fly at 100mph, never ventured past that yet.

Yeah i think thats what it is, the car still had another few hundred revs to go, but its not getting enough derv etc Im sure if i put a new exuast, k&n air filter etc on it would let me rev it right out. Was your laguna still pulling at 130? or was that about its limit?

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am

BurntCarcus wrote:Its classified, and if i tell you i'd have to kill you afterwards lol :wink: Its called coveryourback Road :wink:

i thought as much... :-)

kyle :lol:

Return to “Problems / Questions”