Rear Tyre issue with Megane Estate 55 plate

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:54 pm

onlydiesels wrote:cyclonebri1, i was`nt looking for an apology,never for one minute thought that you were tarring everyone with same brush,and it was`nt taken to heart,but thanks for taking the time to post it anyway :cool:

i do know what you meant about the trust thing,as when i`ve needed work done on my own motors and have`nt been able to get it into work or whatever,there`s very very few people whom i will trust with it. it has always fallen to somebody whom i`ve previously worked with and can trust.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Big Bill P

Re Ree

Postby Big Bill P » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Tyres were worn in patches almost down to the banding in some places center band of the tyres appear to be wavey a curved pattern following the complete tyre circumferance, seemed to be even throught out one edge worn more than the other but considering these tyres are good quality and expensive and the milage they have done these tyres shouldnt wear like that,

Cheers

Bill

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Sorry to ask again mate but are you refering to this set of tyres or the previous set.IE, Is the problem common to the last 2 sets of tyres??? or just the last one. Dependant on your answer to this I think you can draw tour own conclusions.

Big Bill P

re re

Postby Big Bill P » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:48 pm

the last set of tyres the first set we didnt check them they were a change made because of the snow

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Bill,
In that case I guess you are going to have to wait to see if the problem re-occours at the demise of this set of tyres, only then will you know if you have a prob with the car or just bought a dodgy, (what ever that means), set of tyres.
Cheers,

Big Bill P

Re RE

Postby Big Bill P » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:27 pm

I cant afford to change a 4th set of tyres in less than 30,000 miles though

As i look down the rear wheel arch the rear wheels seem to angle into the front of the car more than i would have thought.

Seeme to me that the camber angle or toe in is way out the wear seems to be that the rear wheels are crabbing down the road.

Could this be possible..?????????????

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:45 pm

Yes it is possible, toe in is the angle away from the horizontal line you mention, camber/castor are mainly vertical deviations. Drive the car along a straight/flat road and stop without correcting the steering. Runa string around all 4 wheels nat the centreline. Check to swee if the rear wheels are really angled in in comparison to the fronts that may be slightly.

What I'm getting at is it possible that the car had any sort of accidentall damage before you bought it?

Big Bill P

re re

Postby Big Bill P » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am

Car was brand new when we bought it only had 42 miles on it.

Unless it was accident damaged before we got it ???

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:51 am

There is that possibility. Theres a fair few cars out there which have to be repaired before being sold (i.e before even being registered) but its unlikely.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Re: re re

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Big Bill P wrote:Car was brand new when we bought it only had 42 miles on it.

Unless it was accident damaged before we got it ???

Honestly Bill I thinkl you need to forget about this and use the car, if the previous set of tyres showed no real problem them wait and see what transponds.

Return to “Problems / Questions”