One door does not open

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

weaversrenault

One door does not open

Postby weaversrenault » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:40 pm

Can anybody help.

From time to time the drivers door does not open. The Keyless entry opens all other doors but the drivers door stays locked. I've tried locking and unlocking, but doesn't help. The door can only be opened using the handle inside.

My local Renault garage charged me over £50 to tell me it might need a new lock. Does anybody have experience of changing these locks? is it a case of just fitting a new one inside the door? or does it need to be programmed.

I don't really want to give any more money to the great Renault Service rip off.

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:43 pm

hi there. i don't have keyless entry myself, but from readin' round a few forums ive seen people with the same problem. think its ment to be a dodgy sensor, pretty pricey to get fixed from what ive heard. im sure some1 with a better idea will come along soon. i would thnk its a pretty big job...

kyle :cool:

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:29 pm

Wife had same kind of prob on hers only it would not lock the driver door but would unlock it, had to use the emergency lock switch on inside of door above the lock mech, it too turned out to be the locking mechanism but was done under warrenty, however i do nit believe that the lock is coded that is handled by the lock sensor computer gizmo, so it should be a case of new lock mech, swap em over and off you go, im sure someone will put me right.....
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Return to “Problems / Questions”