Drivers Side Window Problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

LloydyLUFC

Drivers Side Window Problem

Postby LloydyLUFC » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Not posted on here much, more of a voyeur but thought id share my only problem so far!

Had my 06 Megane a couple of months. Silver, 17" alloys, pan roof! Lovely looking car! Read the comments about water in the door pocket, which worried me, mine looked ok so thought id be ok!

About 2 hours ago, pulled up on the drive and locked the doors. On the second lock it activated my electric window to go down!? I thought that was strange so unlocked it and tried to move window up! Nothing! Oh oh! Passenger side was fine, pan roof was fine, just drivers side! Then it started raining lol. So took door card off, after about an hour! Jesus that was tricky! Everything inside was soaked! Managed to unclip the glass and jammed it into place for a trip to the dealer tomorrow!

Hopefully they wont have it too long!

garlum

Postby garlum » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:40 pm

It must be the day for it, because my car has done precisely the same thing tonight. It was too dark for removing the door card, so I've got a stylish black bag attempting to keep the car dry over night. I just hope noone takes a fancy to trying to rummage around in the car overnight ! It is odd though why the electrics open the window on locking the car. The opposite would be a bonus, but this way around means you end up with an unsecured and soggy car.

Mine's an 04 reg 1.9 dci Dynamique. I love the car. It went back to the garage where I bought it from last week to have new suspension top mounts fitted, and now this. I hope this is the end of any problems. It had been fine for the first two months of owning it, then two problems in as many weeks. Then again though other makes are not unknown for the same sorts of issues. I had an Audi A6 which had two electric window motors fail, driver's window and rear passenger side window. And I know Rover Coupe (which I've also owned) are well known for driver's side electric window failing. It's not just Renaults !!! I just hope the garage can get it sorted tomorrow.

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 pm

Sounds like the Window Regulators have failed on both of your cars. You can get the parts from ebay and once you have the door card off it is an easy fix. Alternatively the dealer will happily do it for you.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Walibe forgive my ignorance on this but is a regulator the motor? Mine went few months back but luckily is in the up position. Lots on E bay so will look at doing it myself too. Looks like hardest part could be getting door card off :roll:

LloydyLUFC

Postby LloydyLUFC » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Well after a phone call at 10.30am i headed down to my local dealer at Pontefract. Handed over the keys at 11.30am with the view of getting it back tomorrow! 4.00pm got a phone call, car is sorted! It was the regulator that had gone. Well pleased with the services from the dealer!

carlosthejackal

Postby carlosthejackal » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm worried. Yesterday, the missus' Modus was frozen, so I was out helping her get the ice off before she went to work. I thought her drivers window was just misted, so I tried to drop the window to clear it, but it was icy, not misty. Frozen shut. There was a very springy "clun" from inside the door, then nothing else, but the window didn't move. She's not tried to open it since, she daren't. I'm worried that when she goes to open it it'll drop into the door. Arse. Warranty repair beckons!
I am considerably more rock and roll than you...

MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/carlosjenno

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=734227510

LloydyLUFC

Postby LloydyLUFC » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:54 pm

carlosthejackal wrote:I'm worried. Yesterday, the missus' Modus was frozen, so I was out helping her get the ice off before she went to work. I thought her drivers window was just misted, so I tried to drop the window to clear it, but it was icy, not misty. Frozen shut. There was a very springy "clun" from inside the door, then nothing else, but the window didn't move. She's not tried to open it since, she daren't. I'm worried that when she goes to open it it'll drop into the door. Arse. Warranty repair beckons!

My missus moved the megane in the morning of the 'saga' with the same conditions. She said the window wouldn't move due to the ice. Wonder if i had the same sort of issue.

garlum

Postby garlum » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Fair play to the place i bought the car from, they've got a bad reputation but they took the car in with no notice at 8.50 and phoned me at 10.20 to tell me it was fixed. I don't know precisely what they did because I was too busy to find out. I was just glad it was sorted. The door switches had definitely been removed because the cloth hadn't been tucked back under fully, other than that I couldn't tell what had been done. I learned something new about the car from this though, and that was that it has full closure feature from using the key card. I didn't know you could do this until now! I don't suppose u can also open the windows using the card? Asking a bit much I know. My Audi A6 could do it, was not always a welcome feature though because if you sat on the keys in the right way you could open the windows without realising!

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Postby BurntCarcus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:29 am

I had the same problem the other day. Hit the lock button twice and my drivers window went up ok, but at the same time the back window came down :oops: Button would not put it back up again. Then i remembered a wee tip someone once told me, hold the button up for 8-10 seconds and that resets the regulator. Hey presto it went up, no more problems so far.
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 pm

carlosthejackal wrote:I'm worried. Yesterday, the missus' Modus was frozen, so I was out helping her get the ice off before she went to work. I thought her drivers window was just misted, so I tried to drop the window to clear it, but it was icy, not misty. Frozen shut. There was a very springy "clun" from inside the door, then nothing else, but the window didn't move. She's not tried to open it since, she daren't. I'm worried that when she goes to open it it'll drop into the door. Arse. Warranty repair beckons!

my megane done this when we had very bad cold snowey weather. went to push the button and the window had a bit of spring and didnt budge. i just poured hot water on it and it worked fine after.

kyle :cool:

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Kyle,

In winter you use COLD water for defrosting!
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Postby kylehimself » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:17 pm

it wasn't boiled water or nout, just a wee bit warmer outta the tap.

kyle :cool:

Nige
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03' Renaultsport Megane 1.4 16v...NO FAULTS HERE! :-D

Re: Drivers Side Window Problem

Postby Nige » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm

has anyone any diagrams of how to remove the door cards??? 3dr....my regulator has packed up. Luckily its stuck UP but i attempted to remove the card and flip me i can not for the life of me get it to budge....
03' Megane 1.4 16v 3Dr, N.Ireland

Return to “Problems / Questions”