Blown Fuse

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

steak

Blown Fuse

Postby steak » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 am

I have a 2004 megane estate tourer and the fuse has blown for the cigarette lighter and rear window demister and AC.
Question one is where is the fuse for this.
Question two is if it is in the fuse box at the side of the battery how do you remove the covers to replace it.
Any help please.
:oops:

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 am

Drop the glove compartment flap, all the electrical system fuses are at the side. Don't you have the car handbook, clearly detailed in there?

steak

Postby steak » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:11 am

cyclonebri1 wrote:Drop the glove compartment flap, all the electrical system fuses are at the side. Don't you have the car handbook, clearly detailed in there?

The handbook does not tell you which fuse also I have problems getting at the fuses as they are so inacessible and I find it difficult to use the tweezer supplied. Do you know how to remove the covers off the fuse box under the bonnet.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:37 am

Acording to Haynes;

Remove 2 screws an lift off fuse box cover- this gives access to only 4 of the fuses

2 Unclip the largewiring plug from the top of the fuse box sliding it out sideways without disconecting it

Unscrew the bolt anddisconect the large redfusebox supply lead from the front of the fuse box

Slide the engine multiplex module out from its location in the top of the fuse box This provides access to the fuses.

Looking at the wiring diagram the socket is powered through fuse2 of the battery fusebox, fuse4 of the engine fusebox, and finally fuse 1g in the passenger side fusebox.

Sound like fuse 4 in the engine fusebox as that supplies all 3 circuits you mentioned. Hope that helps.

steak

Postby steak » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:21 am

cyclonebri1

Thank you very much for your help, I will attempt this later today, once again thanks.

phillovatt

steak

Postby phillovatt » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Did you find which fuse it was as i now have the same problem? Any help and advice always welcome.

steak

Re: steak

Postby steak » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:27 pm

phillovatt wrote:Did you find which fuse it was as i now have the same problem? Any help and advice always welcome.

Yes the fuse is in the box at the side of the glove pocket, it is marked for the radio, even though the radio still works that is the one and its at the top section. If you have had the same problem as me it is very misleading because the radio still works in most aspects but you will find that it does not turn off automatically. Good Luck

phillovatt

Postby phillovatt » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. i will go and have a look now and let you know how i get on. Thanks

Just been out and sorted the problem thanks your help and advice.

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:51 pm

The radio will switch off after 20 minutes if this fuse is blown as if you don't have the engine running.

Radiantpaper
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 dci

Re:

Postby Radiantpaper » Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 pm

phillovatt wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. i will go and have a look now and let you know how i get on. Thanks

Just been out and sorted the problem thanks your help and advice.

I have tried this and it does not work. Any ideas?

Radiantpaper
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 dci

Re: Blown Fuse

Postby Radiantpaper » Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Sorry :oops:

Return to “Problems / Questions”