little sods

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

CanadianMike
Learner Driver

little sods

Postby CanadianMike » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:06 am

Today i woke up to find out that my ariel had been stolen :S

i know which little sod did it but unfortunatly i cannot prove it :(

anyone know of a place where i can get an antitheft one or an anti theft beesting ariel, im not really bothered which one, just as long as its anti-theft, coz i know what the little bleeder is like and hes probably gonna attempt to take it off again, luckily he didnt snap the last one, he was kind enough to unscrew it
1.4 52 reg Dynamique

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:00 am

:( oh no!!

was it a standard ariel you had or a different one?
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

kdowner
Passed Theory

Postby kdowner » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:56 pm

try running search on google for richbrook anti-theft, they are quite good, however my problem is tif the sod wants to cause hassle rather then having a nice collection of aerials he will almost definately just snap it off, plus they are quite pricy......
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

carlosthejackal

Postby carlosthejackal » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:25 pm

kdowner wrote:Try this site:
https://www.inovenda.com/Scripts/prodVie ... roduct=122
They have a few...

Aber alles ist nicht klaar!
I am considerably more rock and roll than you...

MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/carlosjenno

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=734227510

CanadianMike
Learner Driver

Postby CanadianMike » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:08 pm

kdowner wrote:Try this site:
https://www.inovenda.com/Scripts/prodVie ... roduct=122
They have a few...

id order one of hte 30mm ones but i dont know german or what eva the site is in, and do they accept switch as a form of payment???? i dont own a credit card and do not wish to own one
1.4 52 reg Dynamique

CanadianMike
Learner Driver

Postby CanadianMike » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:17 pm

ordered a richmond sabre, wanted summat small, but all in black, im sure this will do nicly, i know about them wanting to be sods, and might just break it off entierly, but i dunno, if they do, ill smash his face in then, but we shall see
1.4 52 reg Dynamique

CanadianMike
Learner Driver

Postby CanadianMike » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:11 pm

well i have an update, received my so called "anti-theft" ariel, which was a richmond one, and low and behold, 2 days later, its been snapped off :S

i hate the kids around the area i live, god damn little chavs, i now have half an ariel screw in the ariel base, anyone have any ideas on how to get it out???

at this point in time, im at a loss as to what to do
1.4 52 reg Dynamique

walibe
Pass Plus

Postby walibe » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:21 pm

I know its chucking money at it, but have you considered a cheap CCTV system. You just need it to catch the little poo red handed. Ebuyer.co.uk have a few, including some you can hook up to a PC that are activated by motion. Theres some cheap ones that hook up to any old VCR. Could be perfect for you, they also support Night Vision.

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:55 pm

your probobly goin to need a screw extractor. check e bay. heres an item number for a set on ebay:120215675798 . thats for the set. they are quite simple to use, you just drill a little spot into the broken thread, and screw this into it anti clock wise and it will "bite" into the thread and start to unscrew it. im sorry to hear this has happened to you, i know it would crack me up. you should report it to the police, at the very least. but i think i would have to take action if i was you....

CanadianMike
Learner Driver

Postby CanadianMike » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 pm

i know snowy, but unless i can catch the little tw@ in action, i cant, coz i wouldnt go to the police, i might just do what i was going to do before, mod my car slightly so it has in card DAB radio and then get rid of the ariel base and fill in the hole, i know it would cost more, but would look better and have DAB radio in it, the only thing i can think of doing

cant use ebay at the moment as im having problems with paypal and i refuse to get a credit card, ill have a look on amazon. I could install the cctv kit but its alot of faff to get it installed for them to break another one or steal it, id rather change it so it cant be stolen
1.4 52 reg Dynamique

JAMSIEBOI

Postby JAMSIEBOI » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:40 pm

just get a standard ariel and wire it up to the mains supply :mrgreen: might give him a little shock.

you will be able to prove it was him when his hair is standing on end

JAMSIEBOI

Postby JAMSIEBOI » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Disclaimer: if you use the above mention method i take no responsibility for it :biggrin:

becks

Postby becks » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Buy a cheap one, melt some razor blades in it and see if the little t--- takes it then.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:49 am

option 1 12 bore - knee caps

option 2 talk to the police

option 3 get a normal video recorder stick on inside windowsill, with kids teddys around it and record, i have had to do this before to catch a car keyer and fed the camara feed out into a video recorder with an 8 hour tape giving 16 hours of vandal recording bliss, but talk to police first and tell them what you are going to do unless you are going to knee cap them in which case keep quiet.
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Return to “Problems / Questions”