AC and Rear Demister buttons not working

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MAPeX

AC and Rear Demister buttons not working

Postby MAPeX » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi

I picked my 03 plate Megane up on Wednesday and yesterday when I went to use the rear demister button it didnt work. The LED next to it didnt come on. I tried the AC button and that didnt come on.

Anyone have an idea what it could be. If its a fuse where is the fuse located as the ones in the glove box dont seem to tie up with the AC or Rear Screen demister.

Also when you accelerate hard isnt the traction control light supposed to light up on the instrument panel as this isnt showing up either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

coxeymcqueen

Postby coxeymcqueen » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:07 pm

I can't offer any help with this but, coincidentally, I picked up a 54 plate Megane on Wednesday and I am also having problems with the AC and rear demister.

The rear demister only works on the top half of the window (not much use on an already restricted rear window) and when you start the car from cold (ie first thing in the morning) the AC doesn't get hot until I'm a couple of miles down the road. Now, I've never had a car with AC before, but I assume it should be blow warm air as soon as you switch it on, otherwise its not much more use than the standard heating. Can anyone confirm this?

Are these problems that should be rectified under warranty?

Cheers folks,

Jamie

potdci
Learner Driver

Postby potdci » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm

MAPeX.....Are you sure your car is equipped with traction control?
DARK MET BLUE DCI 120 + DTUK TUNING BOX & K&N Air Filter.

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:22 pm

it wont have traction control. have you got the switch by the drivers lighting control? also have you checked your fuses for the AC?

coxy your air con wont be hot until the engine has some heat in it. the coolant passes through the matrix to heat the inside of the car. if there is no heat in the coolant-there is no heat in the car.
DCi 120 for sale, 52,000 miles, £3250 ono

coxeymcqueen

Postby coxeymcqueen » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Cheers Deano - good job I asked here first than embaress myself at the dealership!

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:37 pm

a lot of new cars, certainly the high ends have additional heaters so that you dont have to wait. my last car had them and it was great. 30 degree heat as soon as i turned the engine on!

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Pretty sure the Climate Control equipped Meggys and Scenics have a pre-heater.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:58 pm

the Climate equiped cars may well have, the AC ones dont afaik

MAPeX

Postby MAPeX » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 pm

potdci wrote:MAPeX.....Are you sure your car is equipped with traction control?

Ive found out now that it dsoesnt have traction control. Ive checked the fuse for the rear demister and it is ok, doesnt seem to have any breaks in it.

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:10 pm

Deano16v wrote:the Climate equiped cars may well have, the AC ones dont afaik

That's why I said Climate :D
225 5dr FF + Xenons

http://www.meganesport.net

steak

Re: AC and Rear Demister buttons not working

Postby steak » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:49 pm

MAPeX wrote:Hi

I picked my 03 plate Megane up on Wednesday and yesterday when I went to use the rear demister button it didnt work. The LED next to it didnt come on. I tried the AC button and that didnt come on.

Anyone have an idea what it could be. If its a fuse where is the fuse located as the ones in the glove box dont seem to tie up with the AC or Rear Screen demister.

Also when you accelerate hard isnt the traction control light supposed to light up on the instrument panel as this isnt showing up either.

Mike

I had similar problem Ac, Demister and Cigar lighter stopped working it turned out to be the fuse marked radio at the side of the glove box, my radio was working so don't ask why :? but it stopped the radio turning of automatically until I replaced the fuse.

steak

Postby steak » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:51 pm

MAPeX wrote:Hi

Mike

I had similar problem Ac, Demister and Cigar lighter stopped working it turned out to be the fuse marked radio at the side of the glove box, my radio was working so don't ask why :? but it stopped the radio turning of automatically until I replaced the fuse.

mac20
Currently Drives:: 1.9 dci

Postby mac20 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Sorry but I found the problem it was the 15a fuse marked radio that had gone. The radio still worked weird huh. Thanks anyway :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”