Lubricating my Seat Cover

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boysie
Passed Theory

Lubricating my Seat Cover

Postby boysie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:32 pm

I took my Megane GT back to have a creak on the drivers seat looked at, and have been told they rectified the problem by lubricating the interface between the inside of the seat cover and the seat frame.. Can anyone tell me if this is acceptable practice? Or as I suspect a temporary repair, that will in time wear off and the creak will return.... Probably when the car is out of warranty.

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:45 pm

I had a creaking/squeaking drivers seat, they changed the internals under warranty, and the problem went away.

The problem then came back (whilst still under warranty) but they wouldn't do anything this time, as they said Renault will not change the parts again under warranty. I rang RCS to complain, they had a talk with my dealer and RCS agreed to cover the labour cost of taking my seat apart to lubricate it. After I received my car back, I could smell something like WD40 for a few days. The squeak was gone, and still is gone after over a year!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

Return to “Problems / Questions”