Keyless Entry Problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:44 pm

Maybe there are different programs? I know on my old Laguna, the normal system could be set up so that one click of the card button unlocked the driver's door only and a further press all doors. The dealer could change it so that one press would unlock all of them instead.

Just a thought. Probably nonsense, though :D

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:35 pm

another thought, you can restrict the function of the keycards, its in the handbook, but cant remember what it does, however it states its for times when you leave with garage/ valet parking, in case of garage you will want it to open drivers door, start car and open boot for spare wheel access. have a look in the handbook its definately there could be worth a punt...I would check mine but im working underground at the mo will look in morning if i remember.
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

simarson

Postby simarson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:09 am

Not sure if it's the same problem, but I bought a 1.9DCi Expression Sport Tourer with the keyless entry package a few weeks ago and up until this weekend it was working fine. Now, for no apparent reason it's all gone to pot; neither of the driver-side doors activate the keyless-unlock when you try and open them (with either card) and only the rear passenger-side door or the boot button will enable the keyless locking (i.e. passenger, driver and rear-driver buttons don't work).

I do remember the system going a little mental (attempting to lock and unlock several times in quick succession) when I opened the driver door - will check if the button got stuck, but would the button being stuck affect it's auto-sensing ability for both driver-side doors and all 3 buttons?

I have to say though, before that point the passenger-side electric windows would only wind-down an inch at a time (either in quick-close/open or normal operation), but now - with the locking gone to pot - they're working fine! Hurrah!

As a Renault virgin I just wondered if this is normal owner experience; I mean, a problem fixing itself by causing a different one?

heritageboy
Passed Theory

Postby heritageboy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:21 pm

I can unlock the car by slipping my hand over the sensor of the front passenger door, however sometimes this door won't actually open?! Asked the dealer to take a look when it was in for its recent recall work though nothing showed up on 'puter. Sometimes I can unlock and open the front passenger door though :?
2006 Renault Megane 1.9 dCi 130 Dynamique
2006 Saab 93 1.9 TiD 150 Vector Sport

What's all this fuss about the 9th November?

john m

Postby john m » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 pm

all doors, boot and starting button should work individually with keyless entry. You should be able to lock or access the car from any door or the boot. I am 90% sure the passenger side door handles are linked,so if one fails, it takes the other one out with it. There are set areas around the car were keyless entry doesnt work ( i.e if you stand at the front of the car it will not work)
It is common for the buttons to become faulty, the sensors that pick up when your hand is inserted behind the handle dont usally fail

wildhorse
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5dci 5 door hatch

Re: Keyless Entry Problem

Postby wildhorse » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 am

I bought my car in Oct and in Jan the trouble started first with leaking door, thanks to replies on here I can hopefully them that fixed but now my sensors on the drivers side front and back door have stopped working so cannot use keyless entry on drivers side but can on other side, also cannot lock keyless on drivers side but can on passenger, Hopefully by rewseting the sensor it will work but will update you on that one next week when I try it out?? i OWNED A CLIO BEFORE THIS and spent £1600n a year on it you would think I would learn but so far alll I can say is I wont be buying another renault, Twice bitten Twice shy!!!!! :

marthill
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Meganne 2 150bhp 5 door

Postby marthill » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 pm

I have had same problems been back to dealership 6 times had all handels at back and sensors and buttons replaced.
This still did not cure the problem and guess what it went out of warranty and they then told me that the both back door locks are now knackered ,after several hours of arguing and getting no where i have had it done at a slight discount to £200.00 and it has cured my problem at the moment.
The main dealer had just tarted it up every time i feel to save them having to replace i am now taking this up with trading standards as they are full of crap ,crap!
:roll: Main dealers never tell the truth in my opinion! :roll:

LukeySixx

Postby LukeySixx » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 am

How many people here have had success after restarting the sensors? Does it work
Black Renault Megane VVT Dynamique 1.6
Debadged rear
Rear windows tinted 100%
Tinted "Clear section" on Rear lights

AnToNy
Currently Drives:: Megane mk3 1.9Dci 130.

Postby AnToNy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I've a 2009 1.9dci mk3 coupe. It has the total keyless feature which opens and locks ALL doors when you cover the sensor behind the lock.
My problem now is the drivers side will not open, I've tried the sensor, both key cards, and the wee button on the handle. No joy at all so I have to open it from inside by climbing over the passenger side.
I can hear an attempt at clicking in the door!! So what do I do? What's that wee button for?
It locks ok just won't open.
Please help.
I think it can't be stuck as it locks and also nothing opens it.
I really don't want to take the door card off as the clips usually break.
I'd appreciate any ideas.

AnToNy
Currently Drives:: Megane mk3 1.9Dci 130.

Postby AnToNy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Still having this issue but especially in the cold.
Which parts need replaced?
I'm guessing the lock but the sensor doesn't do anything either, it doesn't open other doors.
I cannot find the correct LOCK anywhere, it's my drivers side and it's a coupe.
Can anybody help??

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi the little button locks all the doors great idea but is flawed on most cars...my rear door is the only that works and locks all the car doors with 1 press...my drivers door sometimes will not unlock I found out I am pulling door handle to quickly if I take my time it unlocks normally....I normally never use the card in holder as long as I have it on my person I can open,start and unlock with no card being used.

Return to “Problems / Questions”