Unique wiper problem?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Unique wiper problem?

Postby BurntCarcus » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi guys, i have had this problem since i have owned the car and have not been able to find anyway to cure it or anyone who has the same problem. Basicaly my drivers side wiper (the one with the funny linkage on it) smears the window on its way back down. Its fine going up, but leaves it really smeared on the wipe back down. Its been into renault 5 times. had the wiper replaced 3 times, had the arm replaced aswell but still no joy. Sometimes the wiper hits the bonnet slightly and sometimes it dosent.
My head is pickeled trying to sort it out. It makes it very hard to drive in the rain at night, which is when i do most of my driving at night and its usualy raining lol Im really hoping someone has an idea as to what it could be. :-(

Old Bill
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: LY R26 Lux No 2875

Postby Old Bill » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:20 pm

No idea bud. New new one to me...

Hope you get it sorted though!

Say..."Renno"
Learner Driver

Postby Say..."Renno" » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:07 pm

Sounds like something to do with the pivot is worn..this would cause the arm to twist ...i think the pivot assembly needs to be checked..if you straighten out the arm there should be no movement at the base.

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:47 pm

They replaced the pivot part of it, but no change. There is a bit of movement at the bolts the hold the arm on, maybe not tight enough? Ive noticed that my driver wiper sits slightly lower than other scenics ive seen. I have a haynes manual here so will strip it down soon (weather permiting) and see if i can see anything unusual. Ive searched the web for about 3 months and no-one has the same problem, nor is there any renault garage that have heard of this problem before. Ill not let it beat me lol i WILL find the answer..... :banghead

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver

Postby BurntCarcus » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:29 am

still trying...... :banghead :comp ......and ive replaced the windscreen, still the same...... :tem
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

GreyMeg
Learner Driver

Postby GreyMeg » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 am

Hi, have you tried treating the screen with Rainex or a simular product? i have treated my screen and side windows using Halfords own brand as i read a test in autoexpress giving it a good review, i had a smearing problem and it seemed to work for that?
Good Luck, hope it helps.. :-)
2004 1.9dci - 18'' Spyder Blacks - Black Lexus Lights - MP3 - Panoramic Roof - Climate - Heated Seats

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 pm

I've never been happy with drivers wiper on mine. For 4 years now its either smeared or been noisy i've tried different makes and i'm now onto a Tesco value one :shock: it was £2.97 so i thought what the hell give it a go(probably made by a bigger manufacturer anyway!!). Its been on almost 3 months now and still working fine and quiet too. Figure if i replace it 4 times in a year it'll be cheaper than some of the others i was buying. :-P

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Have you got the flat wiperblades?
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

Return to “Problems / Questions”