Wipers stopped working!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cariadmon

Wipers stopped working!

Postby cariadmon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:39 pm

Hoping someone can help me! My wipers suddenly stopped working today (in the rain!!). The rear one is working fine, but the front ones are completely dead.
They were fine when I went to the shop, but when I started te car to come home, they wouldn't come on.

I was going to take it to the dealer to have a look (as it it still under warranty), but thought of checking the fuse first. Problem is I can't find the fuse box, and haven't got an owner's manual.

If anyone can help me it would be great as my dealer is 60 miles away, and don't fancy driving there with no wipers!!

Car is a 52 1.6VVT Dynamique.

Thanks

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:14 pm

alright mate

your fuse box is just to the left of the glovebox, there is a little flap/cover which you pull down. it should have a little chart that shows wgich fuses relates to which part of the car
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

thefamoushoops

Postby thefamoushoops » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Had the same thing happen in the rain last week.

Turned out the wiper motor had gone and cost me £ 285 to have a new one fitted.

Return to “Problems / Questions”