loose seats.... and the rest!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

loose seats.... and the rest!

Postby Ozzy82 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:34 pm

the gremlins seem to be appearing!! its one issue after another with my meg. it really is one of those cars which you wanna hate, but you love!!

Anyways here goes:

1. When braking, i can feel the drvers seat move slightly forward (as if it aint been secured to the floor properly). is there a known issue with these as i have seen a few posts mentioning the problem but no proper answer.

(1A. The passenger seat vibrates whilst im driving)

2. When sat in idle it feels very... "lumpy" (mounts?)

3. Whilst driving, the boot lid rattles.... and there is no sub/amp in the back (YET :wink: ). When i open the boot, the boot lid is comes off the catch, and evrytime i push it back in place and drive, it comes off the catch again)

4. Fuel cap catch is broken and hence doesnt lock (anybody know how much it'll cost me to replace??)

5. First gear is very VERY sensitive. as i pull off, the car jerks backwards and forwards in a very aggresive manner

6. Front passenger window does not open and when i press the button i can hear a small, quiet 'beep'

Thats it (FOR NOW! fingers, toes & everything crossed). If anybody can help with with any of the above issues, and chuck a few prices at me, it would be much appreciated

cheers guys (and gals)
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:43 pm

worst thing about all those probs is that they are niggling annoying ones. none of them are terminal really, just damn annoying!!

i dont know enough about the megs yet to help too much but for the pass window i'd say start off with checking the switch and then work backwards from there.
DCi 120 for sale, 52,000 miles, £3250 ono

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:48 pm

yeah very true! the things which bug you everytime you drive! hope there isnt any underlying issues with the problems tho... i am giving up on the idea of ever getting a 'smooth' drive outta my megane one day....
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 pm

anybody got any ideads/info on the loose seats? any quick fixes?? and the petrol cap too. i have pictures posted on another thread:

http://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5909&highlight=fuel+cap

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 pm

You will need to get under the car to see if the seat mountings are loose, then check to see if there is anything loose on the runners/seat frame.
Not heard of any faults with seats before?

It's sounds like you have 1 or more engine mountings gone, this is quite a common problem.

Your front window regulator has gone, again a common problem.

Your boot catch will need tightening up and adjusting and possibly your hatch will need re-aligning.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Problems / Questions”