Water jets problem, help please!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boki99

Water jets problem, help please!

Postby boki99 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:50 pm

I have a problem with my water jets. When i push to activate water jets, my wipers automatticly move over my front glass several times.Then glass is going blury. Is there any way to disable wipers to move when jets are on?

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:51 pm

Sorry me no understand, you need the wipers to clear the windscreen wash from the windscreen to clean it, if its not clear squirt some more on for a bit longer plus are you using a wash fluid or just plain water?
:?
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

boki99

Postby boki99 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Bumpy macaroon wrote:Sorry me no understand, you need the wipers to clear the windscreen wash from the windscreen to clean it, if its not clear squirt some more on for a bit longer plus are you using a wash fluid or just plain water?
:?

1.Of course wash fluid.
2.Of courseI i need wipers, but i want wapers NOT to start automatically, when i push jets!?

m.bedforth
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane Sport Tourer Oasis Dynamique Manual Petrol '05

wipers

Postby m.bedforth » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm

I understand as I experience the same but I don't have an answer. The wipers start immediately when you pull the water jet control towards you so there is a smeary windscreen through which sometimes you cannot see. Tres dangereuse as the French would say. Perhaps they like playing Russian roulette. :hmm

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:49 pm

strange. I get the water for about 0.6 seconds first then the wipers do 3 strokes or so, stops and a single stroke a few seconds later.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:27 pm

Ahh now understand where you are coming from probably a 'computer' controlled function
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

hapination

Postby hapination » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:57 am

At least with my two 04 models, you need to keep squirting for a few seconds before any water appears on the screen. By this time the wipers have already wiped the dry screen one or two times.

I've been trying to figure out this nasty problem for a while. It could be that the water is allowed to flow back to the reservoir, so the pump must push the water all the way from the reservoir to the jets. SO each time the water is not in the tube it takes a lot of time for it to reach the water jets.

If there was a vent which prevented the water flowing back to the reservoir this would probably solve the problem. Does anyone know if such vents exist?

Return to “Problems / Questions”