Strange things happening!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

d4nn11

Strange things happening!!

Postby d4nn11 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:00 pm

My megane has a mind of its own and is offically useless just now! 2 days ago the ignition coil went, so got that changed and everything worked fine. Went to drive it the next day and it came up with electronic fault and service light went on, also the rev counter stopped working. So stuck in traffic i thought it'd be a wise idea to stop and restart the engine...... but then the engine wouldnt start again. Eventually after 10 mins and it started. This time the rev counter worked but every time i was idleing it went up to 3000 mircaculously on its own. Kinda like it was possesed as the wipers switched on and doors kept locking and unlocking. Eventually i got to were i needed to be. Returned to the car 3 hours later....... nothing worked no electrics or anything. Called the AA, who were also very puzzled and couldnt see why it would be doing this. He got it started by jump starting it. The battery was fine and wasnt a problem. Got home n switched the engine off and locked the car then i realised the fan was still going??? So thinikin this was wot drained the battery i took it to the dealer which was ever so helpful NOT, there diagnostic machine was away gettin fixed so the best they could do was disconnect the fan. Great. Got home left it overnight, went to use it this morning. and NOTHING!!!! argh so annoyed. Just wondering if anyone could help me?? the Garage had never had the problem just want to know whats wrong. Its 04 megane 1.4 dynamic
Thanks

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Mate sounds like you car is possessed, cant really help but i would be fearing that the cars brain has gone haywire and is carring out actions wily nily,
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Return to “Problems / Questions”