Finally rejected.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

trev
Passed Theory

Finally rejected.

Postby trev » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Dropped off the Megane at the dealers yesterday evening.
The finance had told me to drop the car and papers off and post the keys wth a covering letter explaining that i was following the instructions of the finance company.
This was necessary because the dealer isn't playing ball, won't return calls from the finance co. and ignoring e-mails, basically got his head in the sand.
Have to say i feel a huge sense of relief now that the pile of shite has gone back, even more so when i was emptying the car and found the N/S/F door pocket was full of water..again!
Picked the car up on 3rd September and have been living on my nerves ever since.
Have to say that despite 16 different problems, some of them more than once, it was a lovely car and if it had been trouble free i would have been extremely happy to own it, damn shame.
Gone back with several problems unresolved, dephaser pulley is making knocking noises, water ingress into door pocket, sqealing brakes, power steering sqealing, handsfree is intermittent, sunroof runners worn badly and vibrates like hell and service light keeps coming on even though it doesn't seem to run any different while it is illuminated. Garage keeps resetting it and says no fault found!
Lovely car ruined by extreme gremlins, will never own another Renault!

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Trev, sorry to hear your woes, who was the dealer they need to be named
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:15 pm

Trev why the impatience!!!? Glad to hear the finance company helped you out though.

steve123456
Learner Driver

Re: Finally rejected.

Postby steve123456 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:00 pm

trev wrote:Lovely car ruined by extreme gremlins, will never own another Renault!

GoshI've heard that a lot of times! They are a fantasitc car to drive - but only enjoyable to own if you worka four and a half day week - ie can have Friday afternoon to take it in to the garage to have fixed whatever else went wrong went wrong over the last week.

Whats puzzling is how people are now talking about expensive jobs, ie dephaser pulleys, streering racks, turbo needing replacing, jammed sunroofs needing attention all at relatively low milages, and its seems that people think it 'just one of those things ' . Its an absolute disgrace in my opinion, and should't be accepted.

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 am

nickbell69 wrote:Trev why the impatience!!!? Glad to hear the finance company helped you out though.

Impatience?

I owned the car for 10 weeks and the dealer had it for 3 of them and i spent another 2 driving it with service and toxic fumes lights illuminated because i didn't have the time to get it to the dealer.
Didn't actually have any period from day one where there was nothing wrong or needing doing on the car!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Good to hear that you're happy trev, we often roll over too easily in this country.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:54 pm

What a shame :(

Nice when they work but some are troublesome it would appear.

Renault Build A Better Car :)

Return to “Problems / Questions”