KeyCard & Headlight Problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:48 pm

or try the local supermarket...

forpaulius

Re: KeyCard & Headlight Problems

Postby forpaulius » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Hello,

seems I have got the same problems with my meganes headligts or dipped lights.
both headlights or dipped(the ones which are normal while driving at night, with shorter range) are gone, but the long lights(inner) are working fine, and also green headlight sign is on on dashboard. both went off at the same time...

have looked to the bulbs from outside-looks fine, no damage. so I think changing them wont help.

looked at the fuse box, inside I couldnt find fuses for headlights. so i looked at the fusebox inside the engine room(seemed to be thery difficult to check them, but they were fine also)

any Ideas what could be the problem?

dudemark0

Postby dudemark0 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 pm

I had the same problems with my head lights last week, turned out to be one of the bulbs which had blown. I replaced both bulbs in 20 mins through the wheel arch access covers. I just turned the wheels to full lock and had someone looking through from above to tell me if i was in the right place. Just remember that the bulbs will only go in one way round so make note when you take the old ones out

gigantor
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby gigantor » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 am

Hi

I also have the same problem with my headlights, dipped indication on dash with no output from dipped bulbs, They have both failed at the same time so it points to something that is common to them both. Stalk..NO.. If it was the stalk the indication would not change state on the dash? , Relay..Maybe, without a ciruit diagram its hard to tell???

By the looks of things they are both supplied from different fuses in the bonnet fusebox and these both check out ok?

I just would like clarification that it could be one blown bulb that causes them both to fail...I know how much of a pain the bulbs are to check and replace!

Has anyone any pointers before i start wasting my time?

Cheers

Nik

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Postby chevin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:18 am

Aremm,

Have 2003 Megane with Comfort Pack - which means I have keyless entry etc - I too have problems with the door handle buttons on lock - but is intermittent - as noted on other pages - the drivers door is the most unreliable - but is currently working. The unlocking exercise - putting hand down side of the handle past the sensors has always worked. I though the buttons were just wearing out ?

I did have one problem in the first frosts when the car was in warranty when nothing worked on the keyless opening - took it to the dealer who fixed straight away under warranty (!) - did n't pay much attention to the fix - assumed it was some under bonnet sensor ?

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 pm

you can get the batteries in most stores, ie ASDA, jewellers should also do them, they are standard button cell

batteries code is CR2025 mine are branded energiser.
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

dougsinnott
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.5dci Sport Tourer Automatic

Postby dougsinnott » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 pm

I got a cardfull of batteries from my local "Poundshop",when my keycard started acting up,reolaced the one in the fob,and it's been fine since.
A lot of problems are caused by the battery starting to fail,although they do last a long time.

Return to “Problems / Questions”