damp problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rooby_roo

Postby rooby_roo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm

i have cleaned out the drain plugs and its now got rid of the swishing water and also seems to have cured the ingress problem, so now i have to get the heater working properly, as it only works on no4, will this be the motor itself or the switch ?

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:34 am

Jesus a just saw the topic of this post and thought you better go to the docs with they probs :shock:

:cool:

L77

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:11 pm

roobyroo - did the water flood in when you cleared the holes?
Last edited by MeganeChick on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

potdci
Learner Driver

Postby potdci » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:04 pm

No..... my door pocket used to fill up just had it fixed at renault its only a small job aparently, i will have a look at what they have actually done at weekend when i get some daylight and let you no.

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:27 pm

thanks that would be great :D i dont have a renault warranty anymore but have private warranty thats pretty good for covereing thing so lets hope it would be covered!
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

MeganeChick
Pass Plus

Postby MeganeChick » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:49 pm

well this afternoon we managed to get most of the door apart and did not see any evidence of anything that covered / protected my speaker from water.

after removing the speaker i could see small drips that were quite frequent - dripping inline with the centre of the speaker hole and i would guess would be just about missing the back of the speaker unless i parked with the passenger side up the curb.

could not see where the drainage holes were though - can anyone help me with that? we were unable to get all of the door card off due to the dark light this even and the fact that it started raining. do we need to get everything out to see these drainage holes?

help!

MeganeChick
Pass Plus

Re: damp problems

Postby MeganeChick » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:44 am

i had forgotten to update people on my progress with this issue - spoke to a friend who works for renault and he told me that its normal for there to be some water behind the door - that the backs of the renault speakers are waterproof and so it doesnt matter if they get wet.

however the problem i was having was that the seal betwen the speaker and the hole that the speaker sits just needed sealing up again. so done this and not had a problem since! (its been about 5 months and lots of rain - and all fine) :)

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Postby terry_mccann » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:45 pm

standrad-problem with meganes that are being parked outside.

here are some pics of how to open the wiper compartment:

https://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3 ... highlight=
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

boobfan2

Postby boobfan2 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 pm

I just got a bil for £274 to replace my UCH module............. ouchy

marius
Currently Drives:: megane 2006

Re: so what was the issue with the fan

Postby marius » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Did you get fix at all? im having the same issue
IainMW wrote:I'd get it cleaned out ASAP. If water gets into the wiring loom and or UCH you will be in for a very big bill :-(

If the fan is only blowing on 4 the damage might already be done? (to the fan motor at least)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:52 pm

No, the fan fails if the cabin filter is not replaced. It causes back pressure, overloading the fan and making its resistors run hot.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:53 pm

...or just poke the drains with a thick wire through the scuttle panel twice a year...

terry_mccann wrote:standrad-problem with meganes that are being parked outside.

here are some pics of how to open the wiper compartment:

https://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3 ... highlight=
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

marius
Currently Drives:: megane 2006

Postby marius » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Not sure if I understand you.

Let talk about the issue first. The car stands outside and I had,that sounded like a bath of water in the front of the dash.

Now I get it the drain holes are blocked.

But what I want to know is why, does my interior fan only work on the no.4 position and not on anything else. And what can you recommend to fix it? Is it the switch or the fan? And if I replace the bottom interior filter ( the one that pulls out at the bottom in the middle of the dash by your foot.) will that change anything>

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:36 pm

it sounds as though the fan resistor has blown , its in the fan housing behind the glove box
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Return to “Problems / Questions”