Strange service light / airbag light / door unlocking proble

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

drinksinbars

Strange service light / airbag light / door unlocking proble

Postby drinksinbars » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:31 am

Bit of an odd one - i was waiting at the lights this morning and rested my elbow on the door frame against the window when suddenly the back doors unlocked and the service light and sirbag light both flashed on.

I was a bit startled but as soon as i started driving the doors locked again and the lights went out???

the same thing happened last week, but it was my girlfriend who leaned on the passenger side door frame.

dont know if its related, but the car died on me a few weeks ago and the rac engineer thought it might be a ecs brain problem as the car should lock itself and turn everything off after a certain amount of time with no one in it.

i drive a 1.9dci megane 2003 dynamique. 30000 miles on the clock.

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:04 pm

not sure on the probs you got there,but as far as i`m aware, the car will only lock itself if, after unlocking, a door has`nt been opened within approx 30 seconds.

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:36 pm

Ive had a similar problem with the locking and lights on the dash and mine's down to the airbag wire on the passenger seat give it a wiggle then were back to norm

stevie
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

stirl
Passed Theory

Postby stirl » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:02 pm

hi there, i had a simular problem. it was due to the switch that controls the rear doors and the rear windows.the one that stops the rear doors being operated from the rear of the car and the rear doors being opended from from the rear. this is situated on the drivers door pannel. it was because the switch was neither on or off. this caused the errors to show on the dash board. just make sure that the switch is either on or off... hope this helps.... :wink:

drinksinbars

Postby drinksinbars » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:23 am

cheers guys, will give those a try and see what happens. dont know if its related, but have noticed as well that my driver side window is occassionally slightly open when i return to the car or when i have been driving for a while. I know i havent opened it, so unsre whats happening.

could there be a problem witht he wiring in the driver side doors and window controls causing these problems?

Watson21
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2007/57 Megane Renault Sport 175dCi.

Postby Watson21 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:07 pm

I had this problem a few months back.....it turns out that the Airbag deactivation switch on the inside of the door frame was not turned correctly or seated correctly. If the airbags fail or this switch is dodgey, the doors will not lock....for safety apparently.

Another few months down the line, i turned full lock to get out of a car park and a plastic thing snapped behind the steering wheel which made a clicking noise when turning the wheel. This also made the airbag light come on and the doors would not lock when the car moved off.

Dont know whether these are related to you guys' problems, but thought i would tell you's, just to be on the safe side.
2007/57 Renault Sport 175 2.0dCi in Silver.

Return to “Problems / Questions”