Engine Fades after starting and runs unevenly

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

KH

Quality Actions.1. Injection Computer reprogramming -

Postby KH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:12 pm

How do you go about getting a Renault garage to do work for free? I have little to no faith in garages... My Megane was having trouble with uneven idle and engine running speed fro a cold start... and last week just conked out. the Injection things makes sense- has this happened to anyone else? is this a likely outcome, just conking out?

1raskal1
Currently Drives:: megane 11

Re: Engine Fades after starting and runs unevenly

Postby 1raskal1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi mate
I have a renault megane 2003 1.5 dci and it doesnt always start first time ive just had the engine changed in it as the injectors went so do you think it could be the tdc sensor or the coils need checking let me know cheers

megane10
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 52reg, 1.6VVT 16v

Postby megane10 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm

I have this problem also, when cold my engine revs drop and cuts out and only when I keep my foot on the accelerator does the car stay alive. Once the car is warm it runs fine with no problems starting up. Anyone know if this is the TDC sensor, as mentioned by other people?

Thanks

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

your engine is petrol, this last one is diesel. Its possible to be the TDC sensor but its better to check via EOBD scan.

cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”