Air Conditioning Problem - 2006 Scenic Oasis 1.5dcI

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tonyp

Air Conditioning Problem - 2006 Scenic Oasis 1.5dcI

Postby tonyp » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:38 am

Had 'GUF' about 6 months from Lookers in Macclesfield - there ex-demo and runabout - very pleased with the package but the niggles still get in the way - had it serviced in July this year went caravanning - great little towcar despite what the press say!

This is the second instance of the Air Conditioning fault in about a month - same symptoms. The light on the switch comes on but no cool air, no click from the electric clutch, no change in engine speed to compensate for the AC Compressor loading up.

Booked in to Lookers Macclesfield again for another go - they got it working again last time and attributed it to the setting up of a replacement UCH Module about 6 weeks previous - i was suspicious that this was not the case as the AC worked for a while after the UCH Module was changed.

Checked on the forum and it sounds like there is a problem with the AC System pressure sensor and this would inhibit the operation.

At first i found a section in the handbook which says the AC is disabled when the outside air temperature is 'low' (don't know if this is 5 degrees C or 15 degrees C or what!). Anyway, the air temp today is about 8 degrees C in Buxton - bit chilly but would have thought it should operate at this anyway.

I explained to the nice lady at Lookers that i had looked on the 'net and was trying to be helpful in doing so but got the impression that they were not going to take this source of information seriously as it is run by Renault people.

As i said, booked in tomorrow hopefully they will resolve and not sting me for regassing etc that may help them recoup some of there costs.

I'll let you know how i go on.

Great forum anyway and lots of good info! Thanks

TonyP :cool:
Scenic-nut

rencar12
Passed Theory

Postby rencar12 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:42 pm

In case it helps, my earlier post about my Climate Control on my Scenic may be relevant. I've been told of a known software problem that 'faults' the a/c system and indicates that the a/c system has failed and lost its refrigerant. I now have to ring up on a monthly basis to see if France have got a software update to fix the problem.

My symptoms were the same, but with Climate Control. The document that I was shown last week with a statement about the known problem, also made mention of the same problem on Scenics without Climate Control (ie. straight manual a/c). If I can I will see if I can get a copy of the paperwork.

The Renault dealer also initially warned me about the cost of regassing or if a stone had damaged the a/c that I would have to pay £100 + VAT. In the end I paid nothing because its a Renault issue.

Incidentally the Climate Control when in full AUTO mode will not invoke A/C if the outside temperature is cold (not sure the exact degrees).

Thanks

tonyp

Air Conditioning information

Postby tonyp » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:35 pm

Many thanks for your insight into this one - this does back up what the Renault dealer explained last time too. I guess i'll find out in the next day or two! I'll keep you posted - thanks again.

TonyP
Scenic-nut

gjp112n

any feedback

Postby gjp112n » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 am

my 1.5 tourer was in the local dealers last week, and despite it being -3 when i dropped it of @ 8:30, by 9:00 they rang to say it wasn't working.

I'd be interested to know how you got on, and if anyone knows the temperature below which it doesn't operate

Deano16v
Advanced Driver

Postby Deano16v » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:50 pm

its usually around the 3 degrees mark. thats not Renault specific though.

Return to “Problems / Questions”