Climate Control

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rencar12
Passed Theory

Climate Control

Postby rencar12 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:06 pm

I wondered if anyone has come across a problem which Renault know about, which relates to the Climate Control on Scenics (probably Meganes, but I'm not sure)?

I generally override the Auto setting on the Climate Control on my Scenic and push the A/C button and have it on all the time (no matter what the weather is). My car is now just over a year old.

I noticed in the past week that I can't get any cold air out and when you push the A/C button you can't hear the relay click and A/C pump start.

Renault have had my car all day and couldn't work out what the problem was.

When I picked the car up tonight, they told me that because I override the Auto Climate Control, this causes the A/C to pack up, pretty permanetely as well. They used CLIP on it to reset, but have told me that I must leave it on Auto, otherwise it'll go wrong again. Its a computer problem, which Renault are investigating.

I have been asked to contact them every month to see if there is a fix.

Anyone else heard of this?

Thanks

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:52 am

The A/C pump will not start unless there is enough gas in the system. Another common fault is that the pressure sensor goes wrong, and reports that it has low gas
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

Return to “Problems / Questions”