Boot will not open

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jp1
Passed Theory

Boot will not open

Postby jp1 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:07 pm

I have a 2003 megane sport hatch and for some strange reason i cannot open the boot, I press the centre button on the remote and the lights flash, but it will not open. I did replace the car battery this morning as the previous one had died, but I would not expect that to have an effect on the boot lock. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:53 am

Have you ever been able to open it? Or is the car new to you?

It might well be different from my tourer, where I can unlock the whole car (4 doors and tailgate) or, just the tailgate with the special button. That only unlocks it, and I have to press a button on the tailgate (above the numberplate) to open it.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

jp1
Passed Theory

Postby jp1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:01 pm

i've had the car for over 3 years and it's been fine. The battery died on tuesday and the car would not start, i bought a new battery yesterday connected it, it started straight away. It's only the boot lock that fails to open.

jp1
Passed Theory

Postby jp1 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm

I eventually took my car to a renault dealer to have a look at the boot, they state it requires a new "UCH", and kindly quoted me £313.81.

Not quite sure what this part is, i think it's and electrical component, does have anyone have any idea where i could possibly get this fitted at a lower price, would an auto electrician be able to do this or is it Renault dealer only?

Scenic
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Scenic 111 1.9dci 2010

Postby Scenic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Found this in Google and I think it should be ouch!! at that price.

UCH

The UCH (Universal Car Harness) is an electronic control module that is fitted to many late model Renaults (early 2000's onwards.) It is responsible for controlling many of the non-engine related functions of the car, such as central locking, electric windows, and even some of the lights (e.g. indicators.)

A brand new UCH is supplied with a blank memory. This must be coded (using the Renault Clip computer) to match the serial number of the ECU and key/card before it will work with the car. The memory can only be written once, so a used UCH cannot be taken from a donor vehicle to be used in another unless the ECU and keyfobs/cards are also transferred.

hannson
Advanced Driver

Postby hannson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:52 pm

that can't be right!

andypolo
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.6

Re: uch

Postby andypolo » Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 pm

:cry :cry
hannson wrote:that can't be right!

just been in touch with my renault dealer and he has confirmed that i must have a new uch as my sidelights have all failed and there is no power to the fuse board. have i done the right thing buying a megane???

mattyc25
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane mk2

Re: Boot will not open

Postby mattyc25 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Being honest.. nope not really..

If your car is anything like mine youve have a great spell of problems then it will be fine..

Duno about your boot but mine wont open with the keys in card slot, nor will it open when the car is running.

Is that normal?

Matt
2009 Megane MK2 1.6 16v VVT, Rear Tinted Windows, 18 Kei Force 10 Hyper Black, Painted Calipers, Lowered 45mm, Full 12000k HID's, R26.R Spoiler

Return to “Problems / Questions”