A few issues

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

A few issues

Postby Ozzy82 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi all. I have literally bought a 03 megane from the auction; 1.6 vvt dynamique, 51k miles, only had the 18k service stamped in the book. Anyways i love it to bits and it drives ok apart from a few problems:

Brakes squealing: (i have seen the other posts/threads so will sort this out)

2 handle end-caps are missing and the other 2 are extremely flaked, where can i get a set of these from??

The passenger-side front window does not open at all, can here a little beep/click everytime i try pressing the button.

On screen message says "electronic fault" (is this something to do with the window??)

There is a funny noise comin from the/near the engine, very difficult to describe, sounds water flowing ( mechanic mate said it could be power-steering pump...?)

Steering clicks

I have read a few threads and dont want to think i have made the biggest mistake buying one of these!!! am considering putting it back in the auction. dont mind losing £100 at the auction. BETTER THAN PAYING 1000 QUID TO RENAULT DEALERS...HELP!!!! [/b]

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:00 pm

How much did you pay for it?

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:12 pm

in total (inc auction commision) £3425... which i THOUGHT was ok. wot do u reckon?? any idead about the problems??

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:49 pm

breaks squealing is a very common problem.

with regards to handle end-caps,I am sure I have seen another post about this,not sure if you can get the end bit or have to get the whole handle,try some brakers;they might have it or sometimes on ebay.

you will get more precise replies from the more experienced guys on the forum.In general,the earlier meganes were more problematic (as far as I have read on this forum about) and mostly everyone here I think recommend a later models.

Hope this helps for now.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:05 am

The power steering is electric motor assisted so the noise will not be from a power steering pump.
Window regulators are a common problem as a search on this forum will show.
Use the following link and register on 'My Renault' on the Renault UK website:

https://www.renault.co.uk/MyRenault/Login.aspx

You will be able to check if there are any recalls on your vehicle.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:58 pm

Thanks Jonault, jus took your advice and registered with My Renault. When it asked for the Reg Number/VIN, i put in my reg number and it didnt find it. Weird! So i put in the VIN from the MOT and it brought up a completley different registration number from my car!!!! why is that???

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:06 am

AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:28 pm

so if i goto the HPI wesbite and pay for a check, will that tell me if its a ringer or not?

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:43 pm

oh and i know ppl keep going out about it, but i think i have a problem with the Dephaser pulley!! I dont think my Megane is under warranty and i am worried about the prices being mentioned for the dephaser.
When i start the car, the engine sounds like a diesel, and there is a strange noise constantly coming from near the engine (sounds as if its under the engine). Took it to a local mechanic who mentioned the dreaded pulley and i was amazed cos i was jus reading about it on this site, didnt think it would happen on my car!! Is it definately the pulley??

He also mentioned the power-steering pump needs replacing (possibly). I did say my steering was abit on the heavy side...

Any help and information is greatly appreciated!

I am amazed at how helpful fellow megane owners are after registering to this site. You guys are bloody great, without you lot i wouldnt know where to start!!

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:22 pm

There is no power steering pump to replace. It is electric power steering (EPS). See this link for info:

https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... ing+column
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”