Surely Not Another Turbo?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Le Grand Crapaud
Rally Driver
Location: Overlooking graveyard. Plot booked. Pretty picture awaited from commissioned artist!

Surely Not Another Turbo?

Postby Le Grand Crapaud » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:50 pm

No doubt Andy and Ray will say "I told you so!", but Mrs LGC's car has had the SERVICE/CHECK INJECTION lights come on at 71,685 miles.

The car, as some of you may recall, had a new turbo, intercooler, turbo oil feed pipes and EGR valve fitted at 36,000 miles, just before the turbo totally failed. I told Mrs LGC to get rid of the car when the warranty ran out just after the third service but she said she wanted to keep it until we went to live in France :roll: !

She complained of a certain amount of hesitation and I drove the car to Norfolk and back last weekend, a round trip of 650 miles. The car averaged 50mpg though I did notice the odd puff of smoke and some further hesitation.

We'll check out the fault codes tomorrow. Meanwhile any guesses as to what it's going to be?

At least the car meets all the Yellow OTS scheme criteria and has been run on AMSOIL Euro Spec since the turbo change with 9,000 mile oil change intervals.
Last edited by Le Grand Crapaud on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anton Bufonidae hops again and again and again and again and again!

Hunter_of_Hearts
Passed Theory

Postby Hunter_of_Hearts » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Andy & Ray told u so !!! :D
ImageImageImage

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:24 pm

heh... I reserve judgement

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:37 pm

I guess I will never learn anything about the miracle GE product in the view of the recent development of things... This is, probably, not so important as I am suspecting it is the ECU or something related to it (inc. sensors, actuators, interconnect and power circuits), which causes the problem.

Those unfamiliar with the idea please look here:
https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=4518

Regardless of our argument I am very sorry for your misfortune with this car, Antone. Are you planning to investigate the fault further? I think, at this stage it is clear that the dealers will never find the true cause due to their incompetence. It is the time for the proper engineering investigation!.. or just dump the car and forget, which you might be able to afford. What do you think about connecting a laptop to the OBD port, driving around for while and publishing the result?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 am

Surely Not :shock:

It would seem that if your Turbo is on it's way out again it's not down to lack of maintenance or poor quality oil.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Problems / Questions”