Air Circulation Switch

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Chafer

Air Circulation Switch

Postby Chafer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi, i have had a problem with my 06 Megane, The air Circulations switch (i think its called that) the knob on the laft that circulates air either inside the car or outside. Has broken, if i turn it to the up position it flicks back down and if i turn it to the bottom it doesnt stay down. I took it to Renault and they say its cos i fited a aftermarket headunit (i knew they would blame this but didnt have time to take it out. Does anybody know if this is true or if its a common fault and they are just trying to avoid fixing it without me paying. any help would be appreciaited.
Thanks

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:22 pm

Change the head unit and take it to a different dealer.

Chafer

Postby Chafer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 pm

no other local ones for about 100 miles, had thought about it

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 pm

My guess is just a clip that holds the actuator cable's sleeve has come loose. Could be either end of the sleeve I think: the control panel or the air distribution box.

Maybe when you pushed the HU in, its cables and connectors got jammed against the actuator cable, put pressure on it and pushed the clip undone? A good idea when refitting a headunit is to remove the storage tray beneath it so you can see through its opening how the radio cables are doing back there. :wink:

Chafer

Postby Chafer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:07 pm

ok cheers so if i pull the headunit out i should be able to reattach the clip? or will it need a new clip etc?

Return to “Problems / Questions”