My Megane 1.4 16v 05

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chris_bristol07

My Megane 1.4 16v 05

Postby chris_bristol07 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:21 am

hey guys.

i'm new to this site and have a few questions about my megane as there have been a few problems and these ones are yet to be resolved by renault as "there is nothing wrong".

* does any one know about a problem to do with starting the car as it will fire up first time but then will die strait away and it will do this several times before it can hold tick over. it does this once a week or so.

* also i have found that i have water coming in through the doors both driver and passenger side and driver side the water seems to be coming into the car by the speaker pannels ??!! this is worring

*and the last thing promise. my computer says my car is averaging 34.9MPG but i can swear that is not the case and my car seems to guzzl fule more than ever. any had this problem ??

any help someone can give me would be much appreciated

chris.

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: My Megane 1.4 16v 05

Postby Stranger » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:01 pm

* does any one know about a problem to do with starting the car as it will fire up first time but then will die strait away and it will do this several times before it can hold tick over. it does this once a week or so.

Had it been a 1.6 It could have been a number of things but it's the 1.4 so I can't comment

* also i have found that i have water coming in through the doors both driver and passenger side and driver side the water seems to be coming into the car by the speaker pannels ??!! this is worring

Known problem and something that I would have thought Renault would have done a recall for, more info from others will follow I'm sure

*and the last thing promise. my computer says my car is averaging 34.9MPG but i can swear that is not the case and my car seems to guzzl fule more than ever. any had this problem ??

34.9 doesn't sound too bad, how do you know that you are getting less?
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Hello and welcome BTW :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

chris_bristol07

Postby chris_bristol07 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:17 pm

i used £20 worth of fuel the that roughly comes to 20.5L i put in not to sure. and only did 100 miles and deffinatly sure i am supposed to be able to go further than that on it and yet my comp still quoted i was doing 34.9MPG ???? confused lol . :shock:

thanks for you help :D

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:49 pm

As stranger mentioned the water in the door pockets,is well-known problem.Give your dealer a call and would be a warranty job.Mine was the same called them up,booked it in and got re-sealed,no water afterwards.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

chris_bristol07

Postby chris_bristol07 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 pm

kewl 8)

will give em a ring

oh yay another trip to renault. may b this time i get a hire car that doesn't break down lol. :lol:

thanks for all your help guys :D

72uoba
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Laguna 2007 GT 175

Postby 72uoba » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:21 pm

I had huge problems with my 1.4 cutting out when trying to start it when warm. Initially, the TDC sensor was replaced and seemed to help but the problem recurred. Eventually, the coolant temperature guage started to play up but still no problem found by garage. Finally, I managed to get it too them with the coolant guage at the bottom with a warm engine and they were finally able to investigate properly. Strangely, they diagnosed a faulty coolant temperature sensor :wink: Though, of course, this didn't occur until they had seen it not working. Anyway, his solved the problem for a few months but it has started happening again. I'm wary of taking it to the garage, though, as it is no longer under warranty!

Here's what mine was doing:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=08JaSGsrFM0

Hope you get your car sorted. Please let us know the outcome!

Return to “Problems / Questions”