I bloody give up!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

trev
Passed Theory

I bloody give up!

Postby trev » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Have posted before about all the problems i have had with my car, had it a month tomorrow, gone to nip out in it tonight and it has bloody packed up again!
Won't tick over, is a pig to start and when you finally get it going it just wants to rev to the red line as soon as you press the throttle.
What a piece of crap, never know anything like it, had it a month and had more problems than my last 5 cars already.
Back to the dealer tomorrow, more inconvenience and time off work.

jono35

Postby jono35 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:50 pm

Wouldnt happen to be the 1.6vvt would it?

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 pm

jono35 wrote:Wouldnt happen to be the 1.6vvt would it?

Yes it would.
Dropped it off at the car pitch and will go in the morning and kick off.
Really wish i hadn't bought the piece of crap now.

Had these same problems the day i picked it up and Renault said it was mended.

Had the passenger front door water leak, petrol fumes getting into the car and the bloody sunroof runners were worn and stopped it opening, what else can possibly go wrong?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:09 am

Reject the car if you've only had it a month.
Sounds like somebody else has had problems with it before you, traded it in and the dealer has sold it on without fixing the issues.

"Sale of goods act"

Start here:
https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=1158
Last edited by IainMW on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:11 am

It's not fit for purpose, see about refusing it and getting your money back, have a chat with your local trading standards first just so that you know exactly where you stand.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:20 pm

Update:

Spoke to my finance company today. Explained everything that ahs happened and they said they will back me 100% if i reject the car!
To be honest i wasn't expecting such a positive attitude from them, have agreed with the dealer to accept the car back once it is returned from Renault on the agreement that if it packs up with the same problem again in the future it will be rejected.
Fingers crossed, i love the car but the hassle is unreal.
I don't seriously expect it to be sorted for good when i get it back so am resigned to the fact it will probably be rejected in the end.

Return to “Problems / Questions”