1.5 Dci (106) throttle viberation

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bigdrive

1.5 Dci (106) throttle viberation

Postby bigdrive » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi, has anybody had a problem with a harsh engine feeling through the throttle pedal coupled with a buzzing sensation - which tends to make the sole of your foot tender/numb. My Megane is 22 months old and has developed this fault after its 2nd full service, during which the the fuel return pipe was replaced (warranty recall) - not that I think the dealer has done anything wrong during the service. The car has only done 15,000 miles and up until the service ran smoothly with no harshness through the throttle at all (other than at about 2,600 rpm). The Renault Main dealer has replaced the o/s top enigine mount, realigned (settled) the other engine mounts, but the problemit is still there. The dealer uses Mobile 5w/40 fully synthetic enigine oil and the oil has been changed twice since I have had the car from new.

The garage has mentioned the fault is common with other 1.5 106 Meganes, but I have driven a friends 1.5 106 and there is not harshness or viberation and feels exactly like my car used to feel.

I hope somebody has had a similiar problem and can help with some advice on what needs to be done to get over the problem. I really like the car and don't want to be forced in to having to change it earlier than I had planned to. Many thanks

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24 pm

Sorry, mines perfect and is 18 months old with 31K miles, but has had to have new fuel pipes due to serious failure.
Cheers.

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:29 pm

If your current dealer can't fix it, take it to another one
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:28 am

bigdrive,

If you let the car idle (with the A/C off) do you get any vibration through the seat and/or the staring wheel?
Also do you now notice an engine resonance when accelerating between 2200-2800rpm and a lot of drive train shunt when coming on and off the accelerator?
If so it could be the flywheel?

If have had problems with engine vibrations for a while now; all the engine mounts have been replaced and still no improvements. Last week my dealer phoned me to say they wanted to look at the car again having got more adivse from Renault.

Left it with them for 30 mins; out come probably need a new dual mass flywheel but they want to double check with Renault technical again!
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

bigdrive

Postby bigdrive » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:25 pm

IainMW,
Thanks for the reply, the engine is fine on idle (with AC on or off) and there are no viberations through the seat or steering wheel. There is some engine harshness beyond 2200 rpm, but not necessarily any more than was there when the car was new. There is no drive train shunt when going on or coming off the throttle. Do you still think it could be the flywheel?

The garage seem have got rid of the buzz, but there is still seems to be a harsh (vibrationish) feeling through the throttle pedal. I am beginning to wonder whether driving it for the past month with the buzz has made my foot over sensitive!

Not sure what to do now, continue to hassle the dealer or wait and see how it develops? Suppose while it is still in warranty there is no problem with waiting to see how things go. A friend of mine who drives a VW diesel tried my car today and says he can't feel anything.

dci120matt
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2001 Peugeot 306 GTI-6 ohh yesss
1988 renault 5 1.7 GTX

Postby dci120matt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:22 am

hi all my throttle pedal vibrates as well, i mostly notice it on motorway journeys, my girlfriend cant feel the vibrating.

bigdrive

Postby bigdrive » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 am

IainMW

Thanks for the reply, the car has been back in the dealer again since my last post, because the buzz was still there. They have now changed No1 injector pipe and it feels slightly better. There is still a feeling of movement (harshness/viberation) at 1400ish rpm regardless of where I am driving - in town or open roads. The car still does not feel as smooth as it did before I took it in for service and the fuel return pipe was replaced. I have now found out they also replaced the starter motor because fuel had leaked on to it and evidenly the injector pipes are removed to gain access.
I am going to give the car a try over the weekend and I suppose if I am still not happy I will have to have another (now becoming embarrasing) visit to the dealer.

Many thanks

bigdrive

Postby bigdrive » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:23 pm

Thought I would update the thread as I have now tried my car again after the last repair and it is just the same. I can't believe I am the only person who has experienced this problem with the throttle. It has changed slightly since the last repair, but the tickling buzzing feeling is still very much there at 1400rpm and 1900rpm - but not when the engine is revved at stand still. The feeling is only experienced when the car is driven under light throttle, i.e. at a steady 30mph in 4th or 40mph in 5th etc engine pulling (not overrun). It is so bad on ocassions that I have to change gear just to move it out of the rev band.

Can anybody HELP............... Suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. From a once very satisfied Megane owner who is no longer sure what he feels about the car.

bigdrive

Postby bigdrive » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi, further update: the buzzing throttle viberation now seems to vary in intensity...some days it is worse than others. It's been back to the local Main Dealer again and they say they can't experience the problem. The head technician did mention it could be a sooty EGR valve and suggested I gave the car a really good long run and drive it hard at high revs to clear it out. He did put his foot down when I went out on test with him and alot of dark smoke came out of the exhaust. I do 99% of my driving in town. I am beginning to wonder whether it is me that's at fault.

Does anybody know anything about EGR valves and whether this explanation sounds feasible?

Thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”