Footwell/door lights

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

hogwam

Footwell/door lights

Postby hogwam » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:14 pm

Just finished a long motorway run this afternoon in my 1.9dci (3 door) and when I finally left the higher speed roads I noticed that the lights in the doors that illuminate the footwell had come on. After stopping, getting out and locking the car, the lights remained on. I left it 30 mins before checking again and they were still on.

Removed the -ve battery terminal to see if that would reset something but upon reconnection the same thing again with doors closed, deadlocked and left for 10 mins.
Ended up removing the connection to the bulbs so that I don't get a flat battery.

Any ideas on why this has happened and how to cure it?

Thanks!

The Negotiator
Learner Driver

Postby The Negotiator » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 pm

The floor cubby holes - one is probably not closed fully.

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:28 pm

Sorry can't give you any detailed help, just wanted to say mine did exactly the same a month or so ago!

Can't for the love of it remember what cured it finally, but the lights always came on when I started the car, and this continued for several days. Once I did a 1+ hour motorway journey and the lights were on all that time!

I don't think I had opened the floor cubby holes so shouldn't have been those in my case. In fact I think mine doesn't even have any lights connected to those lids, there certainly aren't any lights in the cubby holes.

As for them flattening the battery I think that shouldn't be a problem . I've accidentally left the parking lights on a few times only to discover the next morning that the lights are no longer on but neither is the battery flat. So I guess the "brain" of the Mégane II is smart enough to turn the lights off automatically after an hour or so after the ignition has been switched off? I've found the stalk switch still in the "parking lights on" position the next morning, so it hasn't been that the garden gnomes had switched them off manually... ;)

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Don't know if this has any bearing on it, but I did have a similar problem:

https://meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/vie ... highlight=
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

stormbringer
Passed Theory

Postby stormbringer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:41 pm

Check the cubby hole covers ,they both have small switches the turn the lights out.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:32 pm

Yeah its the floor pockets. I had same problem made worse when doing speed as lid bounces on them so lights flash on and off. Made worse as i took mine in and was slightly embarassed when "technician" came out pushed the pocket lid tight shut and said all sorted!!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”