Door adjustment

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

trindle

Door adjustment

Postby trindle » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:31 am

Hi
I have just purchased a 2004 megane dynamique 1.9 dci (3 door), While driving i can hear a metalic rattle from the rear of the drivers door around the catch mechanism, i have also noticed that the door is not closing tight and that is what is causing the noise(also a bit of wind noise from the top of the door) I have tried moving the striker plate, but it seems that there is no adjustment left, is there any other way to adjust the door so that it goes in tighter ?

Thanks
Trindle

kia2802
Passed Theory

Postby kia2802 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:53 pm

have u tried moveing the actual door insted ? just put a jack underneith the door first and take the bolts out
1.4 , Sport Tourer , Dynamique , Extreme Blue And A Whole 96 BHP !!!!!

trindle

Postby trindle » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:50 pm

HI kia2802
Thanks for the reply I hadn`t thought of that, i will have a look tomorrow to see if that will make any difference, the front edge of the door seems to be in the correct position though, its only the rear edge that is out of alignment, i have found a more pressing problem now though there is a nasty clunking sound coming from the steering/suspension when i turn the wheel in either direction.

Regards

Trindle

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 am

Well you will need new top suspension mounts then!
Common problem :(
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

trindle

Postby trindle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi
I have checked all the bolts under the car and they all seem to be tight. I had my wife to turn the wheel back and fore and the noise seems to be coming from the front o/s suspension leg, When i put my hand on the spring i could feel the clunk very strong, getting worse as i moved my hand up the shock, But when i put my hand on the top mounting i couldn`t feel much of a clunk. it seems to be the spring if thats possible

If it is the top mounts are they available as a seperate item or do i have to change the complete strut ?

Thanks to all thats helping with this
Trindle

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Yep they are available separately. Do you get a sort of twanging noise or is it a definate clunk when you turn the wheel?

There is also an issue with the bolt that secures the stearing column, this is a well documented problem and Renault have a solution for it (basically pack it out with lot of silicone)
This noise is audible inside the car when turning the wheel so it could be this?

Megane's can can produce strange clunks and bangs over different road surfaces, mine does and it's been in several time for investigation and nothing has ever been found wrong with it, apart from the top suspension mounts/bearings
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi Trindle,

You may find it useful:
https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=5167

second link

Open
3.Futómû (pdf, ~2 MByte)

Find 31A.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

trindle

Postby trindle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi IainMW
It is more of a twang than a clunk, and the spring doesn`t seem to be turning freely, it`s like it is catching on something but only for a split second, then releasing itself which is accompanied by the noise.

Trindle

Return to “Problems / Questions”