Check injection light?!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

trev
Passed Theory

Check injection light?!

Postby trev » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 pm

The check injection light has been coming on from the first day i bought it. Is intermittent and can sometimes do quite a few miles before ir comes on.
Had it on a friends diagnostic system which gave a fault diagnosis on number 1 cylinder, put new plugs and a new set of coils on it and it is still doing it!
Given it back to the garage i bought it off and they say they will chuck it at Renault. Any one got any ideas?
Have to say i love the car but can see me falling out with it if this isn't conclusively dealt with asap.
Must say if i had found this forum before i bought it and read about all the problems i wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole, starting to think along the lines of how do i reject it..
Bloody shame, cos when it runs right it's a cracking car.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Can't you just follow the Sale of Goods and Services Act? Type these words in Google.

Welcome to the Forum, BTW.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:44 am

What model is it? Is it petrol/diesel?
2005 Scenic 1.9Dci 120 Exception

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:45 am

Why reject it if it's only one fault?

This might be a TDC sensor problem or the fuel injection system might need resetting.

Take it back to the garage you got it from and get them to fix the fault, after all you paid them a lot of money for the car.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Well got the car back..Renault say the fault showed up on their diagnostics as a TDC fault, they have removed and cleaned and refitted the sensor. It also showed up as needing an ECU recall requiring it reprogramming?

Done and got it back, seemed fine on the way home, time will tell. Hope it's sorted, love the car..fingers crossed for me fellas.

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:00 pm

IainMW wrote:Why reject it if it's only one fault?

To be honest, having read all the common problems on here i am scared to death!!

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:35 pm

Well have given it a few days and a few hundred miles since i got it back to see how it went.. seems fine and once again i love this car.
More problems have cropped up however..

The N/S/F door pocket fills with water if it rains or you wash it..
The sunroof catches the rear glass and won't open!
The breather tube of the filler neck fell off, fill it with fuel and it stinks inside.
The air-con doesn't work, recharge needed.

going to be a love hate relationship i think! :lol:
Last edited by trev on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:32 pm

As of today, also have squeaky brakes.. :(

kia2802
Passed Theory

Postby kia2802 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:47 pm

u need to replace the coil in cylinder 1 and 3 as they are joined together we have that trouble all the time at work
1.4 , Sport Tourer , Dynamique , Extreme Blue And A Whole 96 BHP !!!!!

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:13 pm

It had 4 new coils, 4 new spark plugs, the tdc sensor cleaned and checked, a recall for an updated ecu map was also done and removed and cleaned throttle body.
I did the plugs and coils and this didn't cure it, Renault did the rest and it is fine, so have kept the original coils as they are obviously fine.
Sorted the sunroof today myself, it runs in the rails on little plastic caterpillar like feet and they had worn badly. Fortunately you can swivel them through 180 degrees and put the unworn side to the rail and this cures it. Will get some new ones fitted anyway. Also put a new breather hose on the filler neck. Just this bloody water ingress into the N/S/F door bin to sort now. £5000 car and gotta start fixing it as soon as you get it!!
Finally, had the air con recharged today, that didn't work either..

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Water ingress in the door pocket is a design fault well known to any dealer and they have a standard solution. It was discussed many times here and at Parker's.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

trev
Passed Theory

Postby trev » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Don't want to chuck it at Renault if i can help it, out of warranty so i assume it will mean a big bill..?

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:36 pm

Trev,

I see your point. On the other hand you may be entitled to free repairs. If you bought the car recently (within 1 year) from a UK company, then they have certain obligations to you according to the above mentioned Act. The fault you are experiencing is known to Renault and there exists a standard solution. It makes it possible to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the car was sold to you having this fault present... So, read the Act and see what can be done.

Alternatively, you may try to repair the door yourself. There were relevant discussions in this Forum. As I remember, Webcode posted some information about the fix -- search his messages. It has something to do with the speaker and membrane. There is a pointer to technical documents in my message in the links section. Good luck.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

kia2802
Passed Theory

Postby kia2802 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:57 pm

if you take the door pannel off just get some sealent and place it all round the edge of the pannel thats what we do when we get meganes in with water in the door pocket and it was renault that told us to do it so its genuine
1.4 , Sport Tourer , Dynamique , Extreme Blue And A Whole 96 BHP !!!!!

AlexB
Driving Legend

Postby AlexB » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:37 pm

kia2802,

Is there a Technical Note or some other Renault document regarding this fix?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”