is this a PROBLEM?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

snowy
Just Passed

is this a PROBLEM?

Postby snowy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:58 am

ive got a 1.6 petrol meg, and it struggled to start yesterday morning. it took about five goes to get it going and i had to rev it a fair bit to get it started. it was the first start of the day, but was fine when i got it going, went in to the shop for half an hour, came back and it started fine.
i was just wondering do you guys reckon i need a new battery, or maybe coils are on their way out, or am i worrying about nothing? its a 2004 and i dont really know how long coils are suppossed to last,. so what do you guys think? any help is much appreciated. cheers!

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:19 am

snowy

If a coil had gone it would run like a pile of poo and you would have had a Toxic Fume message displayed. It's a bit like saying how long is a piece of string when asking how long coils will last.

This could be a TDC problem or the start of Dephaser Pulley problems, but a few others have posted recently about the need to have the injectors reprogrammed. I'd get it looked at ASAP.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:10 pm

ok. does it need to have the diagnostic computer , or can i get my mechanic to look at it.what do you think?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:06 am

I would say yes it is advisable to get it plugged into a diagnostic machine (Renault's CLIP)

If it's still under warranty take it back to Renault, if not and you don't want to pay a fortune, Bosch and Lucas service centres should be able to do the job just as well.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Problems / Questions”