Key probs - urgent

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mackem79

Key probs - urgent

Postby mackem79 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:29 pm

Please help

The Mrs is stuck with the car and the key has stopped working, I am aware that within the key there is an actuall metal key, please tell me how she can use the key manually to open and start the car.

Urgent replies please !!!!!

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:21 pm

the key as you said located in the card,have to pull the side bit for the key,remove the side bit on the passengers door handle to open.with regards to starting the car,I am afraid I have no idea,sorry. :(
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:02 am

The metal key only locks / unlocks the doors.
To start the car you need the "immobiliser" within the keycard to be still working as normal when you place it in the slot.
It's possible that the keycard stops locking / unlocking due to a broken circuit board, but will still start the car fine.

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:17 am

My card just stopped working when i was in newcastle, the spare, in my bedroom 50miles away, it could also be down to a flat battery in the card, or your car battery being flat and not working the central locking.

But the little metal key only gets you into the car as already said, dosent start it.

Return to “Problems / Questions”